Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Pre Chuppah Brocha
Previous  1  2

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Nov 06 2017, 5:41 pm
I find it interesting that you guys say the kallahs father bentches her with achoseinu....the Kehilla I belong to the Kallahs father covers her face as opposed to the chosson and the mesader kedushin (which in most cases is the rav of this Kehilla) says the passuk

Debbie

Post Mon, Nov 06 2017, 6:03 pm
iyar wrote:
Interesting I also heard of saying the passuk Lavan said to Rivka Imeinu, but only the first half ending at "revava" without the rest of the words. I defer to the other posters, they sound like they know what they're talking about.
I just wanted to say,
MAZEL TOV!
May you and your dh enjoy every minute of the simcha, and many more in the future!

Thank you Iyar.

Thank you all for your help and good wishes.

Cmon be nice

Post Mon, Nov 06 2017, 7:14 pm
amother wrote:
I find it interesting that you guys say the kallahs father bentches her with achoseinu....the Kehilla I belong to the Kallahs father covers her face as opposed to the chosson and the mesader kedushin (which in most cases is the rav of this Kehilla) says the passuk

Bobov?

Cmon be nice

Post Mon, Nov 06 2017, 7:17 pm
Ruchel wrote:
I have never seen this. And I got to various kinds of weddings as a shadchan.

Right after the bedeken, when the veil is over the kallahs face, the father(s) and sometimes grandfathers, give a bracha.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Nov 06 2017, 8:24 pm
amother wrote:

By my parents Chasuna Rav Hutner was the mesader kedushin and he was the one who said the posuk.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Nov 06 2017, 8:26 pm
amother wrote:

Rebbetzin Smiles said that there is a minhag for the chashuvei ha'ir to say it.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Nov 07 2017, 4:32 am
Cmon be nice wrote:
Bobov?

Yes.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics