Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Ds just fell down the stairs!

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 8:51 pm
So, I'm at my in-laws and my ds who is 14 mths old just rolled down the stairs. B"H they are very thickly carpeted, but I'm very upset. There are 4 adults watching him, and I guess we were all at the wrong place at the wrong time. I think he's B"H ok, his eyes aren't dilated, no throwing up, no listlessness, but I'm still upset. And, of course, I'm not 100% sure. I'm no doctor. I just wanted to vent. Thanks. Sad Crying

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 11:02 pm
Still upset...Feeling very guilty.

cindy324

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 11:11 pm
Don't worry, he'll be fine, they have tough little heads.

You checked for all the important signs of injury, and he fell on carpeted steps, so relax, you know toddlers only need a milisecond to do something they're not supposed to!

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 11:19 pm
Thanks Cindy for responding and reassuring me. It's just so sad! He went down maybe 10 stairs! Of course he was cryng, I was screaming and I grabbed him and took him to my bed to hold him and he stopped crying in less than a minute! Of course then, I'm worried about why he stopped crying so quickly...

Mitzvahmom

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 11:31 pm
*hugs*

kids are sweet...do not worry

leomom

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 11:53 pm
Just keep your eye on him for a day to watch for anything unusual. Chances are he's totally fine. You're lucky the stairs are carpeted... and babies are mostly made of cartilege so they are pretty resilient! Basically they're made of rubber. Very Happy

Everyone has been through something like this. It's hard and it's definitely guilt-inducing, but B"H most of the time it's just a close call.

I can totally relate because yesterday I accidentally closed a screen door on my baby's finger! I didn't see that she had stuck her finger through the hinge. Crying Poor baby! I felt so bad!!! She kept saying, "I didn't mean to do that," and I said, "No, sweetie, I'm the one who didn't mean to do that!" She had a bruise across her knuckle but no broken skin, no swelling. (I looked up on the Web what to look for to decide whether I needed to take her to the doctor, etc.) Put ice on it, then a band-aid, nursed her (immediately calm!), and she only complained for a little while afterwards. Today there is NO sign of anything, B"H.

BE"H your son will be fine. Give him lots of hugs.

cdawnr

Post Thu, Aug 16 2007, 6:46 am
As everyone said, it happens,he is not hurt,,BH

Just wanted to note what a good friend told me: every one of her kids stiches incidents happened with her in line of sight and right there. Sometimes things happen even when we are being vigilent, so dont' beat yourself up! Smile

Helani

Post Thu, Aug 16 2007, 7:33 am
It happens. We live in a house with lots of steps, we even have six steps from living room into the kitchen. At one point or another both my kids took a tumble down the steps in spite of us having gates everywhere and not letting them play near the steps, etc. B"H everything was fine. Now I am fully of anticipation waiting for the baby to start learning to crawl and walk. Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics