Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE?

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Nov 08 2017, 5:01 pm
Were you ever faced with an unbearably difficult life challenge which you felt would never, ever change? Were you later proven wrong? Did it feel miraculous? Please inspire us! Teach us that there is always hope, with YOUR story! Tia!

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Nov 08 2017, 6:17 pm
I think that such stories can inspire others to hope for better times...In other words, by hearing a story in which someone got helped beyond her imagination, from a particular struggle, we can get inspired to not give up, to hope, stay strong and not get down when we are faced with our own seemingly unsurmountable hardships.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Nov 08 2017, 6:49 pm
Yes. I suffered from severe emotional pain and thought I would never have peace of mind. The kind of pain where every second of life is hell. I still have a lot of pain but am able to enjoy my life and not always have to keep busy to distract from hell. Right now I’m relaxing and am in the moment and feel peaceful. It might be hard for those who’ve never experienced true emotional hell to understand, but this is a real miracle. Unfortunately it’s hard for me to see bec the pain I’ve been thru has really burnt me out but I know that I am doing so so much better than I was and there’s no comparison. I’m able to be happy and successful despite some difficult things going on in my life and I know it’s a gift from god.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Nov 08 2017, 7:08 pm
I've had what seemed insurmountable challenges. When I reflect on the dark places I was in and the light I have come to see, I feel very grateful. At the same time, it is clear that it took ''money'' in order to afford the support to help things shift.

For example, my ds was suicidal and I was sure I was going to lose him at around age 15. He had another nearly-successful attempt at 16 and when Hatzola came we didn't know if he could be revived. He came out of that one.

One suicide attempt, and another, and another. At some point I realized I needed to make some drastic changes. I had no money for help. But I had a credit card. I began going for help and I didn't learn any major stuff, except how to remain calm and not escalate tensions. DS hasn't had another attempt since. Though I have 20k in credit card debt and sleepless nights because of the debt.

I can think of other challenges, very dark times I lived through. Money helped me get through. But debt is not fun. Once again it will take money to get me out of this dark place. Funny in a way.

Sad but true.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Nov 08 2017, 9:01 pm
I tried to kill myself and was taken to a hospital. I still remember telling the ambulance driver that I wished he would've let me die. I was sooooo angry at him. He said it's hard to see it now, but you'll be grateful later. I told him that I would not be. My life was hell.

B"H now I can say that things have turned around. I never in a million years saw a way out or thought there was any other option, but I got out of a bad situation and years later see the good that came from being forced into a mental facility.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Nov 09 2017, 7:02 am
For over 20 years, my husband and I were stuck in a family business that was destroying our sanity, finances and life. The fighting was endless and excruciatingly painful. We couldn't get out because we would have to leave penniless and we were unwilling to do that. Hashem helped and thru a series of events that I could never have predicted, we got out with some money and are much happier now.
Hashem has solutions that we cannot think of.

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Nov 09 2017, 7:50 am
I went through emotionally hell. I never thought I'd love myself, because no one ever taught me how and I was constantly pushed down. Through inner work and Hashem I finally love who I am and truly value myself.

Life is still hell sometimes, or a lot. But not like this.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Nov 09 2017, 7:55 am
Yes.
I have an abusive mother. It's sort of public knowledge. Add to that the fact that my parents are poor. (Moldy ceiling in bathrooms, hard-as-wood-plank beds, ripped carpet, never painted walls, disgusting looking house- it's obvious to anyone who walks in the house)
I thought I'd never get married but thank Hashem I married an amazing man.
Now I just pray my siblings will merit the same.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational