Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
BYA - Flatbush

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Nov 09 2017, 2:45 pm
I am most probably sending my oldest daughter to BYA next year. DH is a rebbe. I am hearing that the kollel/rebbi crowd is not there so much anymore. Can a parent who is there now confirm or deny that for me. My daughter is a bright girl but she can definitely give you a run for your money. I am hearing that BYA works with their students who don't tow the party line exactly more than the other more right winged schools in Flatubsh. Please just tell me positive things about the school so I will be more comfortable with my decision.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Nov 09 2017, 3:18 pm
I send to BYA and I'm very happy there. The parent body that I know of are down to earth and friendly people. About being in chinuch, I don't really know. But overall, whenever I had any concerns, they were addressed with utmost care.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Nov 09 2017, 3:23 pm
We are a klei kodesh family that just started there this year. B"H our daughter doesn't have any issues, but so far we (and she) have been very happy. About the crowd, we also heard that, but we didn't get into 18th Avenue, so this is where Hashem wanted us. DH definitely has several friends still in kollel who send there and seem happy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics