Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Just a thought

Seas

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 4:29 pm
Random thoughts, if and when I think about them. Feel free to add your own.

If you take the gas out of sparkling water it's still water. Think about it.

Boca00

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 4:33 pm
It sounds deep but I don't get it... Can you explain?

Seas

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 6:50 pm
It's nothing deep. Just a corny pun, playing on the multiple meanings of 'still'.

Still water as in not sparkling water, and still water as in it hasn't changed, it still is water.

zaq

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 6:54 pm
Seas wrote:
Random thoughts, if and when I think about them. Feel free to add your own.

If you take the gas out of sparkling water it's still water. Think about it.

Very clever play on words.
It’s STILL water, which means it’s no longer seltzer. (I’m old fashioned. Seltzer’s good enough for me. What’s the difference between seltzer and sparkling water? About $1.50 and a whole lot of pretension per bottle.)

No longer seltzer means it’s useful and thirst-quenching but it’s lost the element that made it special and fun. But you can restore those qualities if you have a Sodastream.

Seas

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 7:04 pm
Or as Jackie Mason put it, "Perrier is just seltzer with poison added."

Boca00

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 7:07 pm
Seas wrote:
It's nothing deep. Just a corny pun, playing on the multiple meanings of 'still'.

Still water as in not sparkling water, and still water as in it hasn't changed, it still is water.

Oh! Cool, thanks for explaining Smile

Ruchel

Post Fri, Nov 03 2017, 2:41 am
Seas wrote:
Or as Jackie Mason put it, "Perrier is just seltzer with poison added."

Even Perrier is scary in USA now?

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Nov 03 2017, 6:57 am
We all know what Evian spelled backwards is Wink

zaq

Post Fri, Nov 03 2017, 8:57 am
Ruchel wrote:
Even Perrier is scary in USA now?

No, Perrier is passe. Now It’s all about coconut water and vitamin water.

Seas

Post Tue, Nov 07 2017, 7:37 am
True story:
After spilling soda on the keyboard of my laptop everything still worked fine, but the keys were sticky and kept getting half stuck when typing. I sprayed some cleaning spray and wiped it down, and that took care of the stickiness.

Unfortunately the letter B stopped working, and eventually I had to buy another keyboard.

What I'm saying is that if anyone ever is faced with the dilemma of cleaning the keyboard or not, this is the question: To B or not to B?

Ruchel

Post Tue, Nov 07 2017, 7:59 am
zaq wrote:
No, Perrier is passe. Now It’s all about coconut water and vitamin water.

Doesn't sound appealing.

Seas

Post Thu, Nov 09 2017, 4:42 pm
I think it would be a good idea to turn the clocks back every week, say every Tuesday or Wednesday. You know in the middle of the week life catches up with you, and an extra hour would be very helpful.

Now obviously you couldn't just keep doing that, as day and night would switch. So you'd have to move the clocks forward too.

Well a good time for that would be when you're busy with something tedious. Let's say you have a few dozen socks to pair, just skip forward half an hour and voila, you're done!

cnc

Post Thu, Nov 09 2017, 4:43 pm
Seas wrote:
I think it would be a good idea to turn the clocks back every week, say every Tuesday or Wednesday. You know in the middle of the week life catches up with you, and an extra hour would be very helpful.

Now obviously you couldn't just keep doing that, as day and night would switch. So you'd have to move the clocks forward too.

Well a good time for that would be when you're busy with something tedious. Let's say you have a few dozen socks to pair, just skip forward half an hour and voila, you're done!

Brilliant
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics