Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Convention Oven-Microwave recomm. needed

dr. pepper

Post Tue, Nov 07 2017, 8:18 pm
Hi Ladies,
I am considering purchasing a convention oven and microwave in one.
I would use if for milchigs and need to fit a 9'13 pan in.
I'd love to make cheese cakes/ milchig muffins/ quiches/ pizza....in the oven part.
The microwave part is pretty self explanatory Smile

Anyone have any suggestions/ tips?
I attempted to google/ amazon it and was completely overwhelmed!
Thanks in advance.

dr. pepper

Post Wed, Nov 08 2017, 6:15 am
Bump....

ra_mom

Post Wed, Nov 08 2017, 7:08 am
dr. pepper wrote:
Hi Ladies,
I am considering purchasing a convention oven and microwave in one.
I would use if for milchigs and need to fit a 9'13 pan in.
I'd love to make cheese cakes/ milchig muffins/ quiches/ pizza....in the oven part.
The microwave part is pretty self explanatory Smile

Anyone have any suggestions/ tips?
I attempted to google/ amazon it and was completely overwhelmed!
Thanks in advance.

Just be aware that you're not going to get good even baking for baked goods (cheese cake, muffin). We though we could use it as a mini oven but don't love the results so only like it for frozen pizza, cheese wraps, pasta cheese dishes, etc. We're still happy we have it though so we don't need to have a toaster oven sitting on the counter.

dr. pepper

Post Wed, Nov 08 2017, 8:17 am
Thanks ra_mom.
Do you mind telling the the brand/ type you own?
I have know idea where to even start looking.

Anyone else have one that bakes well?

Chickpea

Post Wed, Nov 08 2017, 8:57 am
ra_mom wrote:
Just be aware that you're not going to get good even baking for baked goods (cheese cake, muffin). We though we could use it as a mini oven but don't love the results so only like it for frozen pizza, cheese wraps, pasta cheese dishes, etc. We're still happy we have it though so we don't need to have a toaster oven sitting on the counter.

I disagree. I have excellent results with my convection/microwave oven. I have the GE Profile convection/microwave oven. However, I bought mine 10 years ago so don’t know if the ones being manufactured today are of the same quality. All the food that I’ve baked in this oven brown evenly. I bake muffins, chocolate cake, hamantashen, cheesecake and lasagna with even baking results.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Nov 08 2017, 10:30 am
dr. pepper wrote:
Thanks ra_mom.
Do you mind telling the the brand/ type you own?
I have know idea where to even start looking.

Anyone else have one that bakes well?

I have the Frigidaire Gallery. I know it's not high end.
My friend has a GE for 15 years. She loves it and uses it as an extra meaty oven (chicken, potatoes, etc). She also has a dairy one. I just called to double check and she confirmed that baked goods do not come out the same. She said mini cheese danishes come out decent but cake or muffins (she also mentioned challah) don't yield the right texture/rise/even tops.

dr. pepper

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 12:29 pm
Thanks..especially to ra_mom for double check for me Very Happy .
I will check into them.
Anyone else have info/advise to share?

Amarante

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 1:33 pm
Is this a counter top model or built in?

If you want to use for baking, I would go with the Breville Oven as it produces amazing results. It's not a microwave oven but it seems as though you are more interested in its function as a true oven rather than a microwave oven.

If you need a microwave oven, I would get an inexpensive one. I just got a Panasonic microwave for about $100 and is perfectly fine for what I use it for.

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 2:31 pm
I have an older one, so the exact model number would not be helpful, but I can tell you that a lot depends on what you want to do with it.

It's not going to get as hot as a real oven, even at the highest setting - at least mine doesn't - but for simple stuff we find it adequate. I don't know that I would bake a cake in it, but I have made cheese cakes that came out decent, and of course, for making lasagna or quiches, etc. its fine. I make frozen pizza in it all the time - one son won't eat it, but the other kids don't notice the difference. I even make grilled cheese sandwiches in the convection oven - the bread doesn't really get brown, but the cheese melts and the bread does taste toasted.

wow

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 2:38 pm
GE's were supposedly the best, however, I've shopped for one recently, and was told that the GE's today are not like they once were. My friend who bough one recently (about a half a year ago) confirmed that. I ended up getting a micro convection installed in my island, so that's not an over the gas one, and I'm assuming you don't mean that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars