Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Do I have to pay cleaning lady?

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 8:11 am
I share a cleaning lady with my friend.
She goes to my friend first and then to me after.
My friend just told me she came to her a full hour earlier so that means she will be coming to me an hour early. The problem is I won't be home then because I wasn't expecting her then.
What do I do?
Could I just cancel ? Do I have to pay her? If she came when she normally does it would be fine but a whole hour?

Amarante

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 8:14 am
I don't think you should cancel but the cleaning woman can't just show up at your door at any time.

You should tell her that she needs to come at the regular time and just spend an hour waiting somewhere. Surely she can stay at your friend for an hour before she comes to your door - or sit in Starbucks - you can offer to pay for her coffee :-)

tovli toraspicha

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 8:15 am
Can't you just confirm with the cleaning lady that she should come to you at the regular time?

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 8:22 am
No my friend has to go to work so the cleaner can't stay in her house.
She has no where to go and it is too cold to stay outside for an hour.
I am so frustrated because she just does whatever she wants to do comes when she feels like.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 8:30 am
where I live people aren't home when their cleaning ladies work. I take it you don't trust her to leave her a key?

abound

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 8:32 am
so put your food down now, tell her you will not be home till _______hour and she can only come then. She can stay in a store.

watergirl

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 8:47 am
Have you spoken to your friend about this before? It sounds like this isnt the first time.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 9:00 am
deleted.

lavenderchimes

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 9:00 am
You have to pay her if she cleans. If youbprefer to cancel, you do not need to pay her.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 9:03 am
watergirl wrote:
Have you spoken to your friend about this before? It sounds like this isnt the first time.

My friend is frustrated also. My friend works late nights and doesn't have little kids to get up in the morning so she sleeps late this morning she had to be up early which was a good thing because the cleaning lady came so early.
Also I take her to the bus stop when she is finished and now I won't have a car and I don't want to pay a taxi and I can't leave then because my son comes home and no one will be home.
It just messes up my whole day.

seeker

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 9:06 am
Tell her you only want her to come if it's at the regular time. Leave it up to her whether she will cancel or find a way to get to you at that time. If she needs the income, then she will be motivated to get back onto the regular schedule.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 9:08 am
If you have a way to reach her NOW, just call her cell phone or your friends house and tell her you heard she got there early, but YOU won't be home if she comes to you earlier than usual, so she can either choose to cancel today, or find someplace to go for an hour till you get home. Plain and simple, hopefully.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 9:09 am
Did the cleaning lady tell you she'd be early? Or only your friend told you?? You come home at your regular time, if she didn't tell you she'd be early, you're not supposed to know...
Maybe she has an appointment in the area between jobs so she went to your friend early. You just expect her to come the regular time.

groovy1224

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 9:15 am
amother wrote:
My friend is frustrated also. My friend works late nights and doesn't have little kids to get up in the morning so she sleeps late this morning she had to be up early which was a good thing because the cleaning lady came so early.
Also I take her to the bus stop when she is finished and now I won't have a car and I don't want to pay a taxi and I can't leave then because my son comes home and no one will be home.

And you are still employing this woman....why?

You do NOT need to explain to anyone, not us, and most certainly not her, why you need her to come at the time she promised. It is NOT your responsibility to pay for a cab for her because of a situation that she created!

I'm not trying to imply that this is your fault at all, but why are you letting her get away with this? Tell her you will not be home to let her in at that time. Full stop. She needs to figure out what she will do for that extra hour. It's not your problem. And if this is a recurring issue, I would seriously reconsider employing her at all. I understand that good cleaning help can be hard to come by, but she doesn't seem very..helpful.

watergirl

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 9:17 am
amother wrote:

Again. Have you spoken to your friend and told her that your hours can not change just because your friends hours changed?

I’m not clear. The problem with the changing the hours or with the cleaning lady changing hours?

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 9:34 am
watergirl wrote:
Again. Have you spoken to your friend and told her that your hours can not change just because your friends hours changed?

I’m not clear. The problem with the changing the hours or with the cleaning lady changing hours?

No my friend didn't change anything this is all the cleaning ladies doing. My friend was just as surprised as I am showing up at her door an hour early.

Yes I have to get rid of her. She isn't even that good.
She happeneds to be a really nice person but horrible cleaner.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry