Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Ode to Hardworking Mommies Everywhere

MommyLuv

Post Fri, Aug 17 2007, 5:26 pm
What Do You Do All Day?

A man came home from work and found his three children outside, still in their pajamas, playing in the mud, with empty food boxes and wrappers strewn all around the front yard. The door of his wife's car was open, as was the front door to the house and there was no sign of the dog.

Proceeding into the entry , he found an even bigger mess. A lamp had been knocked over, and the throw rug was wadded against one wall. In the front room the TV was loudly blaring a Cartoon channel, and the family room was strewn with toys and various items of clothing. In the kitchen, dishes filled the sink, Breakfast food was spilled on the counter, the fridge door was open wide, dog food was spilled on the floor, a broken glass lay under the table, and a small pile of sand was spread by the back door.

He quickly headed up the stairs, stepping over toys and more piles of clothes, looking for his wife. He was worried she might be ill, or that something serious had happened. He was met with a small trickle of water as it made its way out the bathroom door. As he peered inside he found wet towels, scummy soap and more toys strewn over the floor. Miles of toilet paper lay in a heap and toothpaste had been smeared over the mirror and walls.

As he rushed to the bedroom, he found his wife still curled up in the bed in her pajamas, reading a novel. She looked up at him, smiled, and asked how his day went.

He looked at her bewildered and asked, "What happened here today?"

She again smiled and answered, "You know every day when you come home from work and you ask me what in the world I do all day?"

"Yes," was his incredulous reply.

She answered, "Well, today I didn't do it.."

Maya

Post Fri, Aug 17 2007, 5:29 pm
Yes, this is great.

My great-aunt actually did it once, and her husband was in shock when he came home.

But knowing men, I wonder if it really worked; he probably thinks she just make the mess worse than usual just to show him.

greenfire

Post Fri, Aug 17 2007, 5:38 pm
they have no idea - eh?!?!?!

I may have to try that on my kids this weekend shock

amother

Post Sat, Aug 18 2007, 11:38 pm
I've tried that sort of thing in a small way, like not making supper or not doing the dishes. No one cared! They're perfectly happy to eat cornflakes and orange juice for supper, and a sink full of dirty dishes doesn't offend them at all. Even an overflowing garbage can doesn't bother them. The only one who suffered was me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics