Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Vent!!! Very fussy newborn demanding 24/7 attention
Previous  1  2

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 11:52 am
creditcards wrote:
Going off dairy really helped my baby. It took at least too weeks to see a differents.

I have been off dairy for a week. I’m glad to hear that it usually takes longer to see a difference and my efforts are not for naught. I was an ovo-lacto vegetarian up until this baby. I forced myself to eat some chicken (still can’t eat it without choking but what won’t we do for our kids??) and cut out all dairy, soy, nuts and many fruits and veggies.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 11:56 am
mommyhood wrote:
If there's no other adult around sometimes leaving the baby crying in a safe place for a few minutes is the only option. The few minute bathroom breaks really saved my sanity when I had a baby that cried all day and refused to nap. I'm not suggesting leaving the baby alone while you cook a gourmet supper, but you can leave the baby in a swing or a bassinet while you quickly make a sandwich.

I will leave the baby cry for a minute so I can use the ladies room or quickly do something. But longer than a couple of minutes I wouldn’t let her cry alone... babies need to know that they are safe and taken care of. I would love to see if I can get a girl during the hectic hours that my kids are home, as the other poster mentioned, so I can give them attention

imamother153

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 12:05 pm
I've never had a baby that was diagnosed as colic bit I definitely had my newborns cry a LOT during the first few weeks of life. What I realized was that they were actually being over Fed. So when baby lets say nursed at 12 then again both sides at 3 they were crying non stop even if burped well. Each baby needed a different solution. One I nursed one side every 2 hours. One I nursed both sides every 4 hours. I tried to adjust according to what seemed to make them happy.

creditcards

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 12:42 pm
imamother153 wrote:
I've never had a baby that was diagnosed as colic bit I definitely had my newborns cry a LOT during the first few weeks of life. What I realized was that they were actually being over Fed. So when baby lets say nursed at 12 then again both sides at 3 they were crying non stop even if burped well. Each baby needed a different solution. One I nursed one side every 2 hours. One I nursed both sides every 4 hours. I tried to adjust according to what seemed to make them happy.

Crying after a feeding can be a sign of silent reflux. My babies were able to go for hours without food. Once they nursed they would cry non stop. Something in the milk wasn't good for them. It doesn't mean they were covered. Babies stop eating when they are full. My latest baby is on elecare formula. She. Went from being supper skinny, to a little chubby. She went from screaming all day to b playing nicely on the floor. She wasn't sitting or crawling at 8 months. A few weeks later she was sitting, crawling. Standing up and now cruising now at 10 months. She is now my most advanced baby.

Last edited by creditcards on Mon, Nov 27 2017, 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

imamother153

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 1:15 pm
creditcards wrote:
Crying after a feeding can be a sign of silent reflux. My babies were able to go for hours without food. Once they nursed they would cry non stop. Something in the milk wasn't good for them. It doesn't mean they were covered. Babies stop eating when they are full. My latest baby is on elecare formula. She. Went from being supper skinny, to a little chubby. She went from screaming all day to b playing nicely on the floor. She wasn't sitting or crawling at 8 months. A few weeks later she was sitting, crawling. Standing up and now cruising now at 10 months. We is now my most advanced baby.

My babies would fall asleep after the first side. I would wake them and feed the other since babies tend to be "sleepy" especially during night time feeds. Once I stopped that and went according to their unique schedule they were calm and fell asleep peacefully.
And they gained beautifully even above the chart line.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 1:46 pm
imamother153 wrote:
My babies would fall asleep after the first side. I would wake them and feed the other since babies tend to be "sleepy" especially during night time feeds. Once I stopped that and went according to their unique schedule they were calm and fell asleep peacefully.
And they gained beautifully even above the chart line.

They didn’t wake up from burping?

heidi

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 1:49 pm
amother wrote:
She is displaying no signs of reflux (my other kids had reflux so I know the signs). Even had her checked out by pediatrician just in case....

My baby also showed no signs of reflux-- the pediatrician gave mylanta as a trial and error bcz. I was totally losing my mind. NON STOP crying, barely any sleeping. B"H the minute he started Mylanta he was a much easier (though still difficult) baby-- we called it baby Prozac

imamother153

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 2:11 pm
amother wrote:
They didn’t wake up from burping?

I burp in between sides and when putting back to sleep. My first one though slept on the stomach and burped while sleeping. I had one that slept in the infant seat. When baby became grouchy I picked up burped and put back. The baby fell back asleep on their own.

animeme

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 4:30 pm
amother wrote:
Would you know which high schools in Boro Park have a “Mommy helpers” program?

Sorry, not from there. Maybe other Ima's do? I know mothers who have simply called the offices of the local high schools and asked.

animeme

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 4:32 pm
double

Last edited by animeme on Mon, Nov 27 2017, 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 8:29 pm
amother wrote:
Would you know which high schools in Boro Park have a “Mommy helpers” program?

Vien high school (bais yakov adas yeriem) had mother's helper when I graduated try them

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 8:31 pm
amother wrote:
Vien high school (bais yakov adas yeriem) had mother's helper when I graduated try them

Thank you! I will iyh

SuperWify

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 9:27 pm
amother wrote:
My DH has been amazing! He has taken over truly a lot and wouldn’t let me lift a finger when he is around, which is only on the weekend. During the week I have cleaning help but childcare is all on me, which is ok. I love my kids and wouldn’t want someone else to mother them... but it’s so hard to do with a crying colicky baby and I don’t want my other kids to become resentful...or me to snap on them g-d forbid. I have made myself easier...takeout dinners etc but my kids need ME, and All I can do is cry along with my newborn.....
ok I was just checking he was helped, im happy to hear he is!
Yes your kids need YOU but someone else CAN watch them for an hour a day so Mommy can get a break. She did after all, just have a baby.

BA

Post Tue, Nov 28 2017, 1:41 am
I had such a baby we finally brought her to a gi. He prescribed zantac which helped and she only needed it for a few months and then was better. You might also want to consider a hypo allergenic formula. I hope you find a both help for yourself and a way to help your baby feel good

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Nov 28 2017, 4:34 am
BA wrote:
I had such a baby we finally brought her to a gi. He prescribed zantac which helped and she only needed it for a few months and then was better. You might also want to consider a hypo allergenic formula. I hope you find a both help for yourself and a way to help your baby feel good

I nurse my baby but for the occasional bottle I bought a hypo allergenic formula. Thank u

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Nov 28 2017, 4:37 am
SuperWify wrote:
ok I was just checking he was helped, im happy to hear he is!
Yes your kids need YOU but someone else CAN watch them for an hour a day so Mommy can get a break. She did after all, just have a baby.

BH BH yesterday my baby fell asleep from 5-8!!!!!!! A pure miracle! Had the most calm dinner/homework/bedtime hours!!!!! We all breathed. One day at a time....

schmoois1

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 10:29 am
My baby also had silent reflux. No signs. Please ask your pediatrician for reflux medicine (if he refuses ask him to humor you). Usually they start with Zantac but if it doesn’t work or even doesn’t work well enough, ask for something stronger. You might be shocked at the difference. Of course changing your diet to what others have said really helps too, but most babies with bad reflux need medication. I also ended up having to put my baby on alimentum formula. And it helped tremendously.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 10:33 am
schmoois1 wrote:
My baby also had silent reflux. No signs. Please ask your pediatrician for reflux medicine (if he refuses ask him to humor you). Usually they start with Zantac but if it doesn’t work or even doesn’t work well enough, ask for something stronger. You might be shocked at the difference. Of course changing your diet to what others have said really helps too, but most babies with bad reflux need medication. I also ended up having to put my baby on alimentum formula. And it helped tremendously.

This baby is probably 3 years old by now.

Please check the date of the thread before bumping it up to the top.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 10:48 am
Yes, my baby is KAH a rambunctious toddler, thankfully outgrew being a newborn LOL ,
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics