Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
The trauma - the stree- the guilt!

cdawnr

Post Mon, Aug 20 2007, 11:12 am
Well this is mostly just a vent because I need somewhere to cry...

I am due in 2 weeks. Life has been absolutely crazy. Last Monday night my 3 yr old woke with a fever. I had major deadlines and a ranting boss to face on Tuesday adn I just could not stay home, so I took ds with me. That didn't work out so well, but at least I was able to finish one project and to bring my laptop home from the office. I had to work from home with him here the rest of the week as he didn't shake it until Shabbas.

On Shabbas day we went to his camp counsellor for lunch...and she made me realize that I hadn't been paying attention. DS missed the last week of camp. I thought there was another week! I did not have coverage, I missed all last week and this is suppossed to be my last week before maternity leave! I have to close things up! So I found a backyard camp for himwith a girl I trust...but he doesn't transition well so he screamed at drop off--being with all new people, and I called an hour or so later and was told that he had stopped crying but was moping on the couch!!!

Worse is that all this hustling to take care og him so I could go in became a mute point as he gave whatever he had to dd. now she is home with me and I can't get any thing done...

dh is going to be away wed-thur-fri to go up to Montreal to close on our new house (we will be moving there in Oct after we have the baby.) but agreed that if dd is sick tomorrow he will stay home.

My heart is aching for me ds, but if he is home he spends all day whining and I really can't work!

argggghhhhhhh I am so tired, overextended and spent right now. I need a serious vacation.

I can't wait til Nov when life will be more settled - baby part of fam, kids in new scholols withy no more switching, and just settled in our house.

Twizzlers

Post Mon, Aug 20 2007, 11:32 am
wow. I really feel for you... I know what its like to have wayyyy to much on your plate and your story definitely qualifies! I would have started a post like this myself except I had NO time! I offered to watch my friends 18 month old for a week while she went to israel (in addition to my own 1 year old) and boy, I did not anticipate what I was getting myself into!
he was fine the first day or two, but then he obviously chapped that his mother left him and was afraid I would leave him too! he follows me everywhere I go (when you're cleaning for shabbos and running back and forth, this is not a good idea) and when I need to use the bathroom, he stands outside the door and screams hysterically!!! then my son who is afraid of loud noises (and this kids crying DEFINITELY qualifies) starts to cry cuz HE is afraid!!! all because I need to use the bathroom!!!!!!!!! plus my kid was sick the whole week (thank goodness teh other kid didnt catch it) plus my sil's wedding is tomorrow and I was supposed to get a manicure, and take care of various errands, etc but I cant do it with these 2 kids and dh is not going to be home till late...and 5 million other things going on.....
thank goodness today is the last day.
I try to take a deep breath, calm down and realize that Hashem only gives you what u can handle, and you should be proud of yourself that HE thinks you can do all this.
dealing with sick kids is never fun but know that when they are older, they will remember how well u cared for them when they needed it!
{{{hugs}}}
hopefully things will calm down soon.

greenfire

Post Mon, Aug 20 2007, 11:58 am
doesn't sound like an easy task to either of you ... what can I say ... cry it out ... take a nap ... and then try again ...
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

oh and twizzler I would pee with the door open to avoid such chaos ...

Twizzlers

Post Mon, Aug 20 2007, 12:08 pm
with 2 boys watching me???shock
NO THANX!

greenfire

Post Mon, Aug 20 2007, 12:10 pm
discretely silly ...

Twizzlers

Post Mon, Aug 20 2007, 12:12 pm
oh, there is no discreet with this kid. there is an invisible string tying him to me...I cant be more than a foot away or out of site....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics