Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Good or bad Idea to move the US embassy to Yerushalayim?
1  2  3  Next

Is it a good or bad idea to move the US embassy to Yerushalyim?
Good  
 45%  [ 53 ]
Bad  
 47%  [ 55 ]
Other  
 7%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 117

blueberries

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 11:41 am
Does it really make a difference to us moving the US embassy to Yerushalyim? If by doing so will cause so much violence.

WhatFor

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 11:46 am
I feel like the poll should have options for ppl who live in Jerusalem, or at least Israel, vs ppl who don't.

I think it's easier for someone who doesn't have to deal with the practical ramifications to think this is a fantastic idea.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 12:12 pm
I don't live in Israel.
I think it's a bad idea. If even one Jewish life is lost it's not worth it. We don't need to give those Palestinians any excuses for hatred.
And in the eyes of the world audience, their terror will be excusable and justified.

rgr

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 1:40 pm
breaking news
He changed his mind

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 2:16 pm
rgr wrote:
breaking news
He changed his mind

Is this true?
Or are you being facetious?

JoyInTheMorning

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 7:14 am
If a US president other than menuval, charlatan, thief, and s-xual predator Donald Trump had made this decision, it would certainly have its merits.

As it is, in light of Trump's other actions, it's an embarrassment for the Jewish people.

DrMom

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 7:21 am
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
If a US president other than menuval, charlatan, thief, and s-xual predator Donald Trump had made this decision, it would certainly have its merits.

As it is, in light of Trump's other actions, it's an embarrassment for the Jewish people.

I don't understand your logic.

If DT decides to do something, it is by definition bad, but if any other person made the same decision, it would be good?

Scratching Head

leah233

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 7:21 am
Terrible idea.

From a political standpoint I understand it . Jerusalem is the capital of Israel there the embassy should be located there.

From a practical standpoint what for? The Arabs may be wrong for making an issue of it but if they will why do it? What will be accomplished by breaking the status quo and what will be lost by keeping it?

This isn't worth a fight.

DrMom

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 7:26 am
The Arabs get mad no matter what Israel does.
European countries and the UN condemn Israel no matter what they do.

Do what is right.

etky

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 7:37 am
leah233 wrote:
Terrible idea.

From a political standpoint I understand it . Jerusalem is the capital of Israel there the embassy should be located there.

From a practical standpoint what for? The Arabs may be wrong for making an issue of it but if they will why do it? What will be accomplished by breaking the status quo and what will be lost by keeping it?

This isn't worth a fight.

The way I see it is that the 'fight' is a given. The threat of violence is always there, simmering away under the surface. Abu Mazen keeps a lid on it when he wants to, to serve his own interests. Same goes for Hamas with regard to their own interests. Sometimes the restraints are loosened for whatever reason and then there is a spate of attacks. Basically, if it is not this occasion it will be another. And if there is no handy 'occasion' at the right moment from their perspective, they fabricate one - like with the 'magnometer events' on the Temple Mount. The question therefore should not be the immediate repercussions that may or may not materialize but rather a decision should hinge on a more long-term cost/benefit analysis of the move. I hope that the proper consideration was indeed given.

keym

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 7:39 am
DrMom wrote:

Do what is right.

Which is what we are discussing. Is thisthe right thing?
I dont know enough to answer.

causemommysaid

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 7:48 am
Bad idea.

Why give them an excuse for violence? Even one life is not worth it. Things have been fairly calm recently BH. Let's keep it that way.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 8:28 am
DrMom wrote:
I don't understand your logic.

If DT decides to do something, it is by definition bad, but if any other person made the same decision, it would be good?

Scratching Head

His decisions have been so moronic so far, and he has so frequently come out on the side of selfishness, cupidity, pointless cruelty, and irresponsibility, that yes, his actions become suspect just by virtue of his having done them.

He opens his mouth, stupidity comes out. Like after Charlottesville. How hard would it have been to say something unifying and non-confrontational? He managed to mess up.

Honestly, as much as I hated DJT even before the election -- due to the great deal that I knew about him from living in NYC my whole life (e.g., his accusations of the Central Park 5) -- I figured that his administration would do some things right, just because it's so hard to do everything wrong.

But he has managed to do everything (or nearly everything; I don't keep track of it all) wrong in his almost 11 months as president.

So now that he has done something that I otherwise would have wished for, I'm thinking that the action itself will be tarnished by the person who effected the action.

Lie down with dogs; get up with fleas.

IMHopinion

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 9:00 am
If we are scared of their violence, then we are giving in to terror.
This is the exact definition of giving in to terror.

If we move the embassy, other countries will slowly follow, until the world will validate Jerusalem instead of Palestine.

Let’s face it, the Arabs will find a reason for violence anyway.

That said, Hashem should watch us all because it is really frightening.

SpottedBanana

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 9:11 am
DrMom wrote:

Do what is right.

Wish I could like this more than once.

Mommyg8

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 9:24 am
JoyInTheMorning wrote:

So, if Bill Clinton would have done this, it would have been ok?

Also, some of us in America don't think he's as bad as you're painting.

Mommyg8

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 9:25 am
DrMom wrote:

Do what is right.

I was going to argue with you, but then I realized I don't live in Israel, so I can't have an opinion. I would assume that an excuse is better than not having an excuse, but again, I don't live there.

DrMom

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 9:46 am
There is a 1995 law on the books in the US that says we must move our embassy to Jerusalem.

Every president since then has issued and then re-issued a 6-month "waiver" to exempt the Federal Govt from following the laws which Congress passed -- by a 374:37 vote.

Can the Executive Branch create "waivers" to avoid following other laws passed by the Legislative Branch? I do not understand how such waivers are Constitutional. Moving the embassy is required by US Law.

heidi

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 9:50 am
As a resident of Israel and the mother of a soldier, (with more to come iy"H)- I think it's a terrible idea. Who cares whether America thinks Jerusalem is the capital or not? We know it is and that's all that matters-L-rd knows we don't need another excuse for the Arabs to kill us.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 9:59 am
DrMom wrote:
There is a 1995 law on the books in the US that says we must move our embassy to Jerusalem.

Every president since then has issued and then re-issued a 6-month "waiver" to exempt the Federal Govt from following the laws which Congress passed -- by a 374:37 vote.

Can the Executive Branch create "waivers" to avoid following other laws passed by the Legislative Branch? I do not understand how such waivers are Constitutional. Moving the embassy is required by US Law.

The same law that mandated the relocation of the Embassy also provided the president with the prerogative to postpone the move on national security grounds. That's why it has to be signed every 6 months.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics