Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling
A/O have good pers. exp w/online school (non jewish ok)

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 12:06 pm
Can anyone recommend an interesting (Preferably interactive) home school program for middle school? need not be Jewish but a good wholesome curriculum is obviously important.
We need to learn in this order; math, science and English.
Problem is, that one school I checked out is so boring, and this was their sample!
He can do about 2 hours daily. We are located in NY but it won't matter if its on line (except for time zone)
thank you!

yaelinIN

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 12:51 pm
Open Tent Academy is frum owned but secular. I like the class my middle school aged son took with her in writing and literature last year. I intend to enroll my daughter there next year.

Well Trained Mind Academy is a rigorous secular online school. The instructors have been excellent there for my high schooler.

Most classes though are 1-1.5 hours twice a week and mostly during the "school" day, not after school so if you are using this to supplement a regular Jewish yeshiva/school, they may not work as live classes. They might let your son watch the recordings but then he loses the live aspect which is so important.

Good luck!

ellacoe

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 12:58 pm
People have used Melamed Academy.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 4:20 pm
thank you for your ideas!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling