Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Creativity plz- need special bday "cake"

ruby slippers

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 1:07 pm
My Daughter's friend is coming for Shabbat and it is her b-day. That should be easy - make a cake and yay- Happy Birthday. Nope- she can not have refined sugar, or eggs or nuts or soy. So how do I create some kind of fruit/vegetable platter of some kind that may or may not look like a cake, but will signify us celebrating and showing we did something special.

kb

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 1:13 pm
Google watermelon birthday cake. You should be able to find something that can work.

Liba

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 1:14 pm
eema1 wrote:
My Daughter's friend is coming for Shabbat and it is her b-day. That should be easy - make a cake and yay- Happy Birthday. Nope- she can not have refined sugar, or eggs or nuts or soy. So how do I create some kind of fruit/vegetable platter of some kind that may or may not look like a cake, but will signify us celebrating and showing we did something special.

She eats non refined sugars? If you can get your hands on coconut sugar or want to be creative and bake with honey, could she eat an egg free cake or cookies?

I think that it should be possible!

seeker

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 1:22 pm
Can you ask her parents what treat she likes? Making her favorite anything should signify a special celebration.

yogabird

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 2:16 pm
Google vegan, nut free, refined sugar free cake.

ruby slippers

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 5:22 pm
kb wrote:
Google watermelon birthday cake. You should be able to find something that can work.

Found some really cool stuff- and way healthier than anything I would have baked.
Thanks everyone as well for the amazing suggestion! I did not even know coconut sugar existed!

cbg

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 6:23 pm
Please let us know what you made.

kakky

Post Thu, Dec 07 2017, 6:37 am
this is a cake made with dates and has no eggs. I use water instead of milk and leave out the nuts.

http://food.ndtv.com/recipe-wh.....55625

there are lots of vegan and paleo recipes on line.

good luck

ruby slippers

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 11:24 am
I did something like one of these- she absolutely loved it and was so touched by the effort and I learned a new skill of making flowers out of different fruit from you tube videos.
https://www.bing.com/images/se.....QFRBA

Liba

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 3:20 pm
eema1 wrote:
I did something like one of these- she absolutely loved it and was so touched by the effort and I learned a new skill of making flowers out of different fruit from you tube videos.
https://www.bing.com/images/se.....QFRBA

Very nice and very special!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics