Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Both Realtors suggested the same house. Who to go with.
Previous  1  2

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Apr 07 2017, 12:21 am
Ask a rav. Probably the first

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 11:15 pm
Hi. Op here.

Just thought I'd update y'all.

So we did NOT buy the house.
But we did buy a house in a newer section Of the community, where the streets are less hilly and with a gorgeous veiw!
Same size. Same layout. But far less upgraded.
We had to do some renovations. (Around 17k) but the house was 96k less than that one because of location.
Now, 8 months later, I have over a dozen jewish neighbors within 1/2 mile radious. When we signed contract there were only 2!
And the shul backyard is right behind mine
And the crowd here is so much more my speed.

Some other great things about this place. Bigger property. More privacy, nicer neighbors.
We did have to make some sacrafices. And had to take a leap of faith in how this (offshoot of a) community will turn out but it paid off.
bh we are so happy!

The first snow fell yesterday and we loved watching the front lawn getting covered in snow. My 4 yo kid said "it feels like a really cozy blanket. Only that really snow is cold."
The veiw is breath taking. (We lived in a back apartment in a crowded condo till now. We ate transplanted brooklyners and so we really appreciate the nice lawns...)

Every time I leave the house or look outside the window I thank hashem for his beautiful world and for giving me the privilege of living this way.

מה רבו מעשיך ה'

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 11:32 pm
One cloudy October afternoon.

gggo

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 11:39 pm
Omg! I am dying to live with a view like that. Where in the world are you ? Is this near brooklyn?
I have view envy Very Happy

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 12:35 am
gggo wrote:
Omg! I am dying to live with a view like that. Where in the world are you ? Is this near brooklyn?
I have view envy Very Happy

Close enough...
Just over of 1.5 hours of brooklyn.
After midnight its 10 minutes less

studying_torah

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 12:44 am
What a view,I'd love to have a view liked this!
Enjoy your new home! 🏡

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 12:50 am
Is this in Pomona/Pomona Heights?

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 12:52 am
I am a real estate agent for more than 20 years. State laws vary but Something is out of whack here. A buyer should work with one agent and avoid this mess. If you are working with realtor 1 and you are not getting the service you desire, you speak with them and see if the problem can be ameliorated. If not, you tell them you do not want to work with them anymore. And then you find another agent. But if you are working with realtor 1, it doesn’t matter how many agents call and promise you a great price. You have an implied agreement with realtor 1. It doesn’t make sense that they didn’t make this clear. Even if you weren’t aware you were doing something inappropriate, realtor 2 could literally lose their real estate license for interfering with another realtors business. It’s like a shidduch. You can’t go on a date and before you end it, you start dating someone else. In any case, the seller may owe the commission to the first agent, regardless of who writes the contract. Because the seller pays the commission and the laws usually specify that the realtor who was the “procuring cause” is the one who gets paid. That’s how it works in our state. You need to ask a shaila but it won’t help you if the Rav isn’t absolutely aware of state law and local custom.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 1:22 am
wow, good for you!

Which broker did you end up using?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating