Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Ideas to light up my chanuka

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Dec 12 2017, 1:12 am
I gave birth 2 weeks ago and on top of that for the past few days my 2 year old has been ill with strep. Dh has been working really hard running the house as I had quite a difficult birth and between the 2 kids we've really not been getting much sleep. The 2 of us both really need our sleep to function and feel good, so the atmosphere in the house can be quite stressfull.
Financially things have been extremely tight (read as struggling to buy basics) and so I was unable to buy dh a chanuka present.
I really want to lift the mood in the house especially for chanuka and make it somewhat exciting. As of now I can't see that happening, Dh will probably come back exausted as both kids were up a lot of last night and I'm wondering if any of you have any ideas to make it somewhat special tonight?

imasinger

Post Tue, Dec 12 2017, 4:17 am
Mazel tov, and refuah shleima!

The best gift either of you can get is sleep. Short of that, everything else is going to be less bright than at another time.

Take it in stride.

You can find some music to play. Some nice things to say about how he lights your life. Maybe a card, maybe with an IOU for a gift of time when you have some. A tired but heartfelt smile.

Or a way joke about how in some houses, it seems to be one more germ that gets added every night.

Don't try to do more than you can. There will be other years when you can create more atmosphere.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Dec 12 2017, 6:31 am
Thanks imasinger! There's some really nice ideas you have there, he definitely would appreciate a card! I appreciate that!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics