Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Sufganiyot, donuts w/ pizza dough?

Grateful2bhere

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 6:17 am
Has anybody made their donuts simply by frying ready made pizza dough?
And does anyone also know if there's a way to insert jelly into homemade donuts, but without an actual syringe?
Thank you in advance for any feedback!

bargainlover

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 6:41 am
I made doughnuts with pizza dough last night. Rolled small pieces into balls. When golden brown took out and put in brown paper bag with confection sugar, shake till coated. Yum!!

newbie613

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 6:43 am
bargainlover wrote:
I made doughnuts with pizza dough last night. Rolled small pieces into balls. When golden brown took out and put in brown paper bag with confection sugar, shake till coated. Yum!!

Which brand pizza dough? I once tried making something similar but the dough was too salty.

cbg

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 7:12 am
Pizza sufganiyot
Yum ๐Ÿ˜‹
After itโ€™s fried, top them with sauce and cheese.

bargainlover

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 7:16 am
I used trader Joes and last year used a jewish company . Was also good!

imasoftov

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 7:24 am
Deep fried pizza!

Really, there is such a thing.

Grateful2bhere

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 8:07 am
Thanks so much. It's Trader Joe's I was going to pick up, already thawed they sell in the fridge. Sweetness of jelly, or Nutella yum! & powdered sugar might just do it. Not as good as homemade, but homemaking is a journey not a destination! Smile

For the jelly, I thought of a few ideas w/o proper food syringe.

I have a little plastic syringe for medicine, pretty small, but I cut off off the tiny tip so might work for one donut at a time

Or, With a mini spoon, can insert, turn over & then might be able to insert jelly with another spoon, sort of slide it in, just might be messier.

And finally, for the crafty ones, maybe with a plastic bag, a corner tip cut off, taped to a wide cut off portion of a plastic straw, csn squeeze in the jelly.

Might work but haven't tried yet Smile

Freilichen Chaunkah!

Soul on fire

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 8:24 am
I don't know about making it with pizza dough...I was thinking about trying it tonight myself actually but I saw a video yesterday and they used one of those condiment bottles with the pointy tip...the picnic type at restaurants. Do you know what I'm talking about?

Shoshie

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 10:22 am
Try Rhodes Dinner Rolls. You can get them at Walmart, as well as many grocery stores. Fry the balls 3 seconds on each side. Yummy.

bargainlover

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 10:23 am
Shoshie wrote:
Try Rhodes Dinner Rolls. You can get them at Walmart, as well as many grocery stores. Fry the balls 3 seconds on each side. Yummy.

3 seconds sounds a bit too short

Shoshie

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 10:48 am
I've read you can fry them longer, but three seconds on each side is all that's needed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics