Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
New miriam pascal cookbook
Previous  1  2

srbmom

Post Thu, Dec 14 2017, 10:17 am
I will have to try that roast. Thanks to all who posted which recipes you liked.

Reading through the cookbook more thoroughly I do see some recipes I'd like to try, but I definitely wasn't wowed by it as a whole. I am a religious reader of her blog so I guess I was most disappointed at how many repeat recipes there were.

mommy201

Post Thu, Dec 14 2017, 10:19 am
I received the cookbook 2 days ago and all I can say is that I'm obsessed. There's a ton of recipes and great tips. They all look uncomplicated and delicious. This is the first time I feel I will be using so many recipes from a cookbook.

cnc

Post Thu, Dec 14 2017, 11:52 am
mommy201 wrote:
I received the cookbook 2 days ago and all I can say is that I'm obsessed. There's a ton of recipes and great tips. They all look uncomplicated and delicious. This is the first time I feel I will be using so many recipes from a cookbook.

Same here.
I'm in middle of preparing the hassleback zucchini .

nicole81

Post Thu, Dec 14 2017, 5:30 pm
For anyone who makes the gremolata roast, I actually put in a simple step which I think adds some extra flavor. After searing the meat and removing it from the pan, I deglaze the pan with some wine and add the contents on top of the roast.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Dec 14 2017, 7:14 pm
Planning on making the mushroom orzo for Shabbos. It's a little different than he typical sauteed mushroom/onion rice I usually make. I needed this more for inspiration that I can actually use vs recipes for the recipes alone -- which is why I got it. It is more real life in terms of the way I cook than using lots of stuff I don't bother buying.

Momof14

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 1:00 pm
Anyone has the challah cookbook called Rising? Is it really useful If I'm a challah baker already?..

Writergirl

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 1:08 pm
I'm spending my snow day reading her cookbook. I made a few things already and everything was delicious.

It is clear from her recipes how exact and meticulous she is. I really trust her, knowing how much effort she expends to make this book the best it can be.

It is a pleasure to read and cook with!

I'm a FAN!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 6:30 pm
Just made the chewy cookie bars for Shabbos. Didn't like how she didn't mention pan size, just a baking sheet. I guessed a size, and I think I was right because the baking time worked out fine.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jan 05 2018, 5:26 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Just made the chewy cookie bars for Shabbos. Didn't like how she didn't mention pan size, just a baking sheet. I guessed a size, and I think I was right because the baking time worked out fine.

Did you try an 11 x 15 jelly roll pan?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 11:10 am
I think I used the middle size of my 3 pan set, if that helps Smile

Family didn't like the pretzels in it, but they may have been stale, I don't know.

Stars

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 11:20 am
I tried quite a few things in it, including the garlic stuffed challah which I made a few times. Everything was delicious.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 11:57 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I think I used the middle size of my 3 pan set, if that helps Smile

Family didn't like the pretzels in it, but they may have been stale, I don't know.

I meant to say did you use, not try.
My guess is it might be smaller than she had in mind but not necessarily. And had you used larger they would have burnt.

nicole81

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 12:29 pm
Another update: The honey beer bundt cake was a hit with both guests and my family. I had some guests that loved the raspberry graham bundt cake but my family wasn't thrilled with it.

munchkinbaby

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 3:05 am
Does anyone have the fluffernutter brownie pie recipe and can post? Tia

bestme

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 5:13 am
What is her blog? Thanks

climbing613

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 5:26 am
bestme wrote:
What is her blog? Thanks

Overtimecook
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics