Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Disturbing Jerusalem video

Blessing1

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 4:33 pm
I just saw a video of men burning wigs on a menorah in Jerusalem & singing & dancing?? What is that supposed to mean? So embarrassing for Jews! Someone care to explain?

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 4:35 pm
Just as embarrassing as neturei karta, peleg protests, dangerous/careless drivers wearing yarmulkes...

Blessing1

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 4:37 pm
That's besides the point. But for what odd reason are they burning wigs?

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 4:38 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
That's besides the point. But for what odd reason are they burning wigs?

Because they're a fringe sect who believe wigs are untsnius, and believe the best way to solve the problem/brings awareness to the masses is to burn them, probably. Pay them no attention.

Seas

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 4:43 pm
It's because according to some great poskim there is a very serious issue of idolatry with Indian hair. And it's nigh impossible to ascertain so-called European hair is indeed that.

debsey

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 4:47 pm
Eh..... we'll just call them a "fringe" element. Tongue Out

debsey

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 4:54 pm
.....with a burning desire to make a spectacle of themselves......

Chloe

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 5:21 pm
Seas wrote:
It's because according to some great poskim there is a very serious issue of idolatry with Indian hair. And it's nigh impossible to ascertain so-called European hair is indeed that.

Doesn't mean they need to behave like idiots and burn them on Menorahs in the streets. But I guess I can choose to ignore and let idiots be idiots.

Seas

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 6:34 pm
Chloe wrote:
Doesn't mean they need to behave like idiots and burn them on Menorahs in the streets. But I guess I can choose to ignore and let idiots be idiots.

They're burning something they've paid lots of money for, and something that is for many (most) part of their identity. And they're doing it for Hashem.

Doing so in public and with great fanfare doesn't make them idiots. On the contrary, it makes them proud Jews, and they're doing a great kiddush Hashem.

(The above is not reflective of my own rav's psak regarding the hair. It's to explain what is happening from their POV.)

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 6:34 pm
Seas wrote:

Here we go again... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Rabbi Belsky and Rav Elyashiv already resolved that issue.
They are no longer here so lets open that ball of wax again.

Can we have a name of one of these great poskim

Blessing1

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 8:24 pm
So if there's an issue with them, they should throw it in the their kitchen trash can!! Oh my what idiots!
I'm also finding it interesting that some of them are filming it with their smartphones while singing... they won't let go of their smartphones but they're burning their wives wigs?!?!?!? Talk about mixed priorities...

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Dec 19 2017, 4:22 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
So if there's an issue with them, they should throw it in the their kitchen trash can!! Oh my what idiots!
I'm also finding it interesting that some of them are filming it with their smartphones while singing... they won't let go of their smartphones but they're burning their wives wigs?!?!?!? Talk about mixed priorities...

Some ppl are doing everything just to create a balagan. And then they brand it "LeShem Shamayim" and call themselves "Kanaim" ("the zealots")

fs

Post Tue, Dec 19 2017, 5:25 pm
Why is everyone having a problem with what eight people are doing? Just because it was broadcasted on a website?!? And for those who asked why are they burning them, and not throwing them away, well if they think it is avodah zarah, then they need to burn it, not throw it in the trash bin.

imasoftov

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 6:56 am
Maybe they could just soak the wigs in second-hand skunk water.

https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 7:02 am
Blessing1 wrote:

I believe items of kfira need to be burned.
Last time I checked at least, when my neighbor's DH went out to burn a book his wife had bought after hearing something his rav deemed fkira.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels