Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Scared

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 9:25 pm
DD just turned 3. she was ttly not interested in being toilet trained until a few days after her bday I randomly asked her 'no diapers, only panties today'? and she was all for it. she did really well and only had 1 wet accident in the park (guess she was too busy playing...). she's always been pretty constipated so her not going #2 for the first few days meant nothing then she needed to 'go' but was holding it in cuz she was scared. when DH was babysitting she finally went but didn't realize what she did until she looked in the toilet and freaked out! DH made it into a funny thing and she started laughing/relieved. then few days later she went pretty much without incident. last wk she held out for an entire week and then literally couldn't hold it in anymore I held her down on the toilet while she cried 'I'm scared' and she went but kept repeating how scared she was and crying while I tried to comfort and calm her. when she was done she was so relieved and got rewarded for it but now we are at it again. its a few days later and she rly needs to go but keeps asking me to put on a diaper so she can go and then I'll put her panties back on...

when I held her down on the toilet I felt really mean and rly don't want t traumatize by DD but wasn't sure what to do in the moment

so what should I do?? force her?? put on a diaper?

country

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 9:34 pm
you can either give her a laxative which will force her to go. or you can try to get her used to it slowly.

first only give her diaper when she needs to make but she has to stand in the bathroom. once shes used to that make her sit on toilet with seat closed with diaper. then with lid open still with diaper. when shes used to that cut a hole in the diaper don't tell her and after she goes once it will end up in the bowl then show her look nothing happened. after a few days she will forget to ask you for diaper.
I went through same thing with my daughter she refused to even do 1 in toilet and this worked

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 9:35 pm
Do NOT force her!!!! Let her wear a diaper for that. I know kids who are fully trained for #1 but put on a diaper or pull-up for #2.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 9:51 pm
country wrote:
you can either give her a laxative which will force her to go. or you can try to get her used to it slowly.

first only give her diaper when she needs to make but she has to stand in the bathroom. once shes used to that make her sit on toilet with seat closed with diaper. then with lid open still with diaper. when shes used to that cut a hole in the diaper don't tell her and after she goes once it will end up in the bowl then show her look nothing happened. after a few days she will forget to ask you for diaper.
I went through same thing with my daughter she refused to even do 1 in toilet and this worked

the point is that she's done it a few times already at first with no prob and then last 2 times freaked out. I wonder if this step by step process would do anything for her cuz she knows exactly what happens already and I've already shown her what she did and cheered her on, gave her 2 big toys as reward etc. so its not like she's never done it yet...

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 9:52 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Do NOT force her!!!! Let her wear a diaper for that. I know kids who are fully trained for #1 but put on a diaper or pull-up for #2.

ok. I was very uncomfy with the forcing anyways...but what happens then?? suddenly after a few months of going in diaper they become 'unscared'?

she already knows exactly what happens etc...
I asked her today why she is so scared but told be 'I'm not sure why!'
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training