Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Living with 1 sink in your kitchen
Previous  1  2  3

Librarian

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 10:48 pm
I had one sink for 19 years. I did not put anything in the sink, but held it and washed each individually. My only issue was when my cleaning lady would polish silver (cutlery, bechers, candy dishes etc). My rav said as long as she did not wear gloves it is not a problem as the water would not be hot enough to make anything treif. It really isn't that difficult!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Dec 21 2017, 1:28 am
crust wrote:
Nowadays, the water coming from the sinks are never hot enough to cause shalos.

It's more that it should not be above yad soledes bo for safety reasons. You can set the temperature. My father insists that it's better for the water to be able to be extremely hot. I cannot tell you how many burns I've gotten as a result (anything above half hot from the tap is at least a minor burn the way he keeps things, so it's really easy to accidentally burn oneself).
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen