Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Stains on white shirts

LO

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 4:47 pm
My dh has a whole bunch of white shirts that he can no longer wear due to stains. These have all been through the cleaners and washing machine/dryer. Any hope to get the stains out (may be with bleach somehow?) or should I forget it and toss them?
Thanks!

LO

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 4:49 pm
Just to clarify...I know there is a post a few down from mine, but I thought that my question is diff. because these stains have already set in, and were washed/dry-cleaned. Thanks

Ruchel

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 4:52 pm
I asked my dh, he told me to tell you to use Javel water. You put the stained part in a bowl where there is Javel water. If you need, use non diluted Jw but watch it carefully it could "eat" the cloth.
ONLY WORKS WITH WHITE

shlumzmum

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 4:55 pm
try spray and wash or zout spray.

LO

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 4:56 pm
Thanks, Ruchel, but what's "javel water"? Do we have it in the US?

Ruchel

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 5:00 pm
LO wrote:
Thanks, Ruchel, but what's "javel water"? Do we have it in the US?

I don't know if you have it, check online maybe?
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Javel+water
Also, depending on the stain there are specific products.

LO

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 5:06 pm
I"ve never seen anything like this, but will keep my eyes open when I go to the store next time. Thanks!

Any other ideas are still welcome! Smile

MrsLeo

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 7:13 pm
I use Spray and Wash Resolve Power and it works great on all my stains. you can also try Shout.
If that doesnt work I would just bleach them, that would take it out the best but it may thin the material. So dont soak it in the bleach too long.

AGINY

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 7:23 pm
Lestoil is a grease cutter and household cleaner. On the bottle it says to use it on laundry stains. It takes out EVERYTHING, even black mud from my baby crawling outside upstate. It is my new best friend!!

greenfire

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 8:13 pm
pour bleach directly on the stains ... with powder detergent and scrub ... scrub ... scrub ... put through wash with HOT water ... rinse with warm ... and double rinse ... and tell him not to wear them more than once ... ever ... this way stains will not get so set and you can run through wash without the scrubbing so much ...

boruchhashem

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 9:18 pm
On really bad stains, I use welldone oven cleaner. I also use shaklee nature bright on set in stains.

nicole81

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 9:42 pm
I have used oxiclean on set in stains and it gets them all out. I soak the clothes in it for at least 4 hours.

Also, there's the clorox bleach pen which supposedly works but I've never tried it.

louche

Post Wed, Aug 22 2007, 6:56 am
I put bleach right on the stain. If that doesn't work, I throw it out I once had a very cheap shirt that turned yelllow the minute the bleach toched it?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Aug 22 2007, 8:12 am
I hve seen bleach eat through clothing, too. of course this is on clothing not in the best shape.

it's a last resort.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry