Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
How to organize A LOT of shells

agreer

Post Wed, Dec 27 2017, 12:15 am
I basically wear black shells every day, either long, 3/4, or sleeveless.

I have A LOT of shells, and some in other colors too.

I have one drawer for shells, but I can't tell which are sleeved vs. sleeveless.

Any tips?

funmother

Post Wed, Dec 27 2017, 12:19 am
hang them up like the shell station color code, or label them I put a small peice of painters tape with the letter N on the top of my dark navy skirt hanger because I kept mixing it up with my black skirts

challahchallah

Post Wed, Dec 27 2017, 12:28 am
I would buy some drawer dividers and put them in different sections by sleeve length. Presumably you can tell the color by sight, though you could also have a separate section for non black ones if that makes it easier depending on the numbers you have of each.

lavenderchimes

Post Wed, Dec 27 2017, 12:46 am
Fold the sleevless differently (a smaller square, maybe,) or seaparate them from the sleeved with the stack of colored ones -- it depends on how many of each you have.

iluvy

Post Wed, Dec 27 2017, 1:03 am
I have a bunch of plastic shoe drawers. One holds long sleeves, one 3/4 sleeves, one sleeveless. I have a couple more for other organizational breakdowns. It saves me SO much time and stress. I no longer have to unfold a hundred shells to find the one I want.

emunahmother

Post Wed, Dec 27 2017, 2:24 am
I found them sleeves different than sleeveless. But that still provides a problem of 3/4 vs long. With sleeves I fold with the sleeves in (like how they fold in stores) and for sleeveless I fold half and then half again. But I really like iluvy’s idea much better. That makes it so simple!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics