Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
One oven for meat and dairy

rachel6543

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 2:02 pm
Does anyone have a link to a good article or suggestion for a good book that clearly details all the Halacha of using one oven for meat and dairy? For instance, it clearly explains what is considered “liquid” food vs a dry food. I know there are various opinions and I have already sent my Rabbi an email about my specific questions & waiting for his reply.

My husband is requesting more dairy meals these days and trying to figure out how I can exactly use my oven without constantly self cleaning it or having to double wrap everything or use my dairy toaster oven (which I find is just ehh to use).

Last edited by rachel6543 on Tue, Jan 02 2018, 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

tichellady

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 2:04 pm
There is a huge range of opinions, so you need to decide where along the spectrum you stand. I wouldn’t just buy a book. I would have a conversation with a rabbi who can tell you what your options are

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 2:15 pm
rachel6543 wrote:
Does anyone have a link to a good article or suggestion for a good book that clearly details all the Halacha of using one oven for meat and dairy? For instance, it clearly explains what is considered “liquid” food vs a dry food. I know there are various opinions and I have already sent my Rabbi an email about my specific questions & waiting for his reply.

My husband is requesting more dairy meals these days and trying to figure out how I can exactly use my oven without constantly self cleaning it or having to double wrap everything or use my dairy toaster oven (which I find is just ehh to use).

Until you hear back from your rabbi, make dishes that can be double wrapped like lasagna, manicotti, baked ziti, etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen