Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Broccoli kugel recipe for 24 oz bag frozen brocolli

strawberries

Post Tue, Oct 11 2011, 9:18 pm
looking for broccoli kugel recipe , I have a 24 oz bag of frozen brocolli cuts

Simple1

Post Tue, Oct 11 2011, 9:32 pm
I make this very often. Easy to make and very good.
http://www.joyofkosher.com/rec.....el-2/
(I even made it with cauliflower or california mix for variety and it also came out good.)

Edit: I just noticed now that you have less broccoli. If you are good with experimenting, maybe just use 3/4 of the rest of the ingredients. (24 oz. is 3/4 of 32 oz.).

strawberries

Post Tue, Oct 11 2011, 10:00 pm
thanks !!wheree do you get 32 oz? I see 2 lb in the recipe, so it seems I have the right amount.

Simple1

Post Tue, Oct 11 2011, 10:22 pm
strawberries wrote:
thanks !!wheree do you get 32 oz? I see 2 lb in the recipe, so it seems I have the right amount.

2 lb. = 32 oz; 1 lb. = 16 oz.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Oct 11 2011, 10:24 pm
strawberries wrote:
Simple1 is right. 1 lb. is 16 oz. 2 lbs. is 32 oz.

I like this recipe too. Make sure to use light mayo. Doesn't taste good with full fat mayo.

for 24 oz broccoli use

-24 oz. frozen broccoli cuts, thawed and drained
-3/4 cup light mayo
-3 eggs
-2 1/4 tsp kosher salt
-1/8 - 1/4 tsp coarse black pepper
-pinch cayenne, optional

strawberries

Post Tue, Oct 11 2011, 10:40 pm
oooooooopss.. your right lol

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Oct 12 2011, 5:31 pm
onionsoup mix too. mmmmm

newkallah

Post Thu, Feb 14 2013, 1:17 pm
I just put the broccoli kugel in the oven without defrosting the broccoli, is it going to work? Oh boy.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Feb 14 2013, 5:23 pm
You didn't squeeze all the water out before you ground it in the food proc?

octopus

Post Sat, Jan 06 2018, 6:11 pm
I know this is an old thread, but just wanted to add that I just did my own thing with broccoli kugel. I don't like the idea of so much mayo in general. And I don't do onion soup mix. So I sauteed a gigantic onion. Ground the big broccoli in the food processor. Used 3 eggs and used salt and pepper to taste. It was delicious. It was a little light and airy, and I'm wondering if next time I should add something to make it a little more solid. But even so it was delicious. Next time around, I would make my kugel a little more chunkier, I enjoy the bigger chunks of broccoli.

Momof14

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 12:39 pm
Hi Octopus. Could you maybe help me with this. I'm trying to put recipes in the recipe box but even if I click on the recipe box icon it doesn't go in .I'm kinda new to this whole technology thing so I'm still trying to figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 2:42 pm
Momof14 wrote:
Hi Octopus. Could you maybe help me with this. I'm trying to put recipes in the recipe box but even if I click on the recipe box icon it doesn't go in .I'm kinda new to this whole technology thing so I'm still trying to figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
click on the red mixer icon with + sign that's on the top right of the post you'd like to add. It will take then open another screen with the copied info and give you an option for saving it by category in your recipe box.

Momof14

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 3:13 pm
Thanks . Im looking forward to filling up my recipe box. I really appreciate it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes