Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Boys overnight camp US

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 5:43 pm
I know there are a ton of camps to choose from and I have asked my sons friends where they send but I’m going to ask here anyways. I need to find an amazing overnight camp for my 5th grader. He has previously went to an overnight camp the last two summers that was so-so. He is a boy that likes sports but doesn’t need a specific “sports camp.” I want a boys only campus that must be able to accommodate Pas and Chalov Yisroel. A learning class once a day is good but not too much learning for this child. Could really be anywhere in the US. This DS loves animals so ranch camp is good but he is not suitable for an “extreme” survival type camp as he wouldn’t enjoy it. I grew up going to camp with a lake so a lake is a definite plus in my eyes. Any suggestions?

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 6:10 pm
Don't know what camp your son went to- but there is a relatively new camp (all boys) called camp Chaverim. My boys are too old for the camp, but the rabbeim who are running the camp have been my boys' teachers and they are all very warm and caring and FUN!

ruchelbuckle

Post Mon, Jan 08 2018, 6:02 am
Your requirements are kind of vague. Most camps that cater to a yeshivish crowd are careful on Chalav and Pas Yisrael, but you can check with the camp office to confirm. In regards to "amazing"-- all camps are going to be "amazing" for the right kid. Do a search, I recently wrote out a fairly comprehensive list of overnight camps for boys for the yeshivishe crowd.

What type of school is your son in now?

Feel free to PM me, I have boys in the camp parsha and have done a lot of research.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children