Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
Removing a skin tag

Blumy

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 11:13 am
Hi, my 1 1/2 yr old son has a small skin tag on the outside of his ear. We went to the doctor in order to get it removed but the doctor said he has to be put under general anesthesia. We are wondering if we should take the risk. In a way my husband said we should wait till he gets older and then he can decide if he wants it removed but in a way I said why not do it now when he doesn't really know the difference. Any input on this?

Jeanette

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 11:19 am
My daughter was born with a large skin tag on her ear. At 18 months she needed ear tubes so it was removed at the same time. I'm not sure what we would have done if she didn't need the tubes.

My other daughter has tiny skin tags on both ears but were going to leave those alone. I actually think they're pretty.

jacksonnj

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 11:30 am
Dip some apple cider on to a cotton ball
Apply the coton ball for around 10 minutes on the skin tag
Repeat for around 2-3 weeks it should fall off
I do warn u apple cider has a bad smell
But its the natuaral way of removing it
Google this method for more info

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 11:35 am
My son also had it removed when he got his tubes. I had asked the dermatologist to just lop it off with local anesthesia - I didn't think it would be such a big deal - but she didn't want to. Maybe because it was a young kid. Don't remember the reason.

sweet

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 2:29 pm
jacksonnj wrote:

Yup. This works every time. And I've also used tea tree oil.
I removed 3 skin tags by doing this and it took less then a week.
Although since tea tree oil does sting a little, I dipped the cotton ball first in water.
Good luck

Teomima

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 3:14 pm
Do they not freeze off skin tags for kids like they do for adults? I've had many skin tags removed by my dermatologist, she just dabs the area quickly with liquid nitrogen and a few days later it falls off. You hardly feel it.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 3:15 pm
They only do general anesthesia on young kids. Teens & adults they do it with local.

Rosemarie

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 5:04 pm
I had a skin tag removed from a 6 month old kid, using just local anesthesia. If I remember correctly we did it at plastic surgeon. Nobody said anything to us about general anesthesia. My husband held the child really tight so hands and feet didn't move and it was over in a matter of minutes. I see no reason for general anesthesia. Then again, maybe yours is bigger than ours?

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 5:24 pm
jacksonnj wrote:

Really? I got a whole bunch of tiny ones near my neck and was just going to go to a dermatologist to have them cut off. I'm going to try this first!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 9:40 pm
There is something called Provent I think (?) that has TTO or some similar oil in it that seems to work as well.

Frumwithallergies

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 9:49 pm
Pre-auricular skin tags (the relatively large ones just in front of an ear) at birth, often with family history, are not the same as adult skin tags. My DD has one (like her maternal dG); we chose not to remove (with general anesthesia, because there are nerves within the skin tag), whereas a cousin had her DS's skin tag removed. Our pediatrician suggested that our dd get hers removed only if it bothers her as she gets older (local anesth as she gets older).

Hope this helps.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries