Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Cheap, easy, healthy and delicious :)

SpottedBanana

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 11:18 am
Yes, I got all 4 in one recipe which I made up: Turkey Burger Stir-Fry.

Ingredients:

Turkey burgers (very cheap form of meat)
Bell peppers
Onions
Spices, very important to include sage and thyme (I use ground sage, ground thyme, garlic powder, black pepper and salt)

Chop peppers, onions and turkey burgers into strips and stir-fry. Apply spices liberally.

Use 2 turkey burgers, 1 bell pepper, and 1 medium onion to serve 2 people. Serve with rice for a complete meal.

Maybe this is an obvious recipe, but I've never found something so cheap, easy, healthy (esp if you need to eat low-carb) and delicious Smile Enjoy!

etky

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 11:52 am
Looks good, but can you explain about the turkey burger?
Is it something you buy prepared and preformed or do you just make patties from ground turkey? Is it red or white turkey meat?

cbg

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 12:13 pm
Turkey Burgers- where do you get them, do they have fillers.

I make something similar using Empire Turkey Tenders from Costco.
I use Hawaji Spice. I picked it up once because it sounded interesting
It's really good with Turkey.

I also make meatloaf with mash cauliflower and salad-
Easy, but not too cheap

Tuna burgers are cheap, sometimes I make those when I see the big can of tuna or salmon on sale.
Then I make flax buns in the microwave , burger with all the fixings.

If anyone else has recipes that fit all 4 criterias keep them coming.

Last edited by cbg on Wed, Jan 10 2018, 12:23 pm; edited 2 times in total

SpottedBanana

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 12:17 pm
I get the Empire brand (they are not popular where I live so I actually get them half off the day before they expire, and since I get the peppers from the fruit and vegetable store this recipe comes out to about $1 a serving). No fillers, they are just ground turkey made into patties. I think they are 85% lean.

etky

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 12:22 pm
SpottedBanana wrote:
I get the Empire brand (they are not popular where I live so I actually get them half off the day before they expire, and since I get the peppers from the fruit and vegetable store this recipe comes out to about $1 a serving). No fillers, they are just ground turkey made into patties. I think they are 85% lean.

Thx for the explanation. I don't think we have an equivalent here. The only burgers I've found are beef. Maybe it would work though with Tivol (soy) 'burgers'. Ironically, they 'aint so cheap...

SpottedBanana

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 12:33 pm
You can just form ground turkey into strips -- basically this is just classic stir fry but tastes delicious even without unhealthy "extras" like lo mein noodles or fancy ingredients like water chestnuts and snap peas.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking