Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Food processor in Israel
Previous  1  2

nylon

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 2:12 pm
Not in Israel but I have had a European Magimix and LOVED it, so much so that I got one in the USA too (they are more expensive here). I like it better than KitchenAid in fact. I don't have the dicing blade but I use the julienne and shredding blades all the time.

Momof14

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 2:40 pm
Thanx for the info. Do you find that the disks shred well and sharply. Also does the heaviness of the machine bother you ?

Teomima

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 12:54 am
Momof14 wrote:
Is the magimix very heavy to lift on the counter every time you use It? Does the dicing blade really dice. It's definitely a top brand machine.

I leave it on my counter. Counter space is at a premium in my kitchen, but cabinet space even more so.
The dicing aspect is a special chute with a grid of sharp blades that you push the vegetables through, then they meet another blade beneath that cuts the sticks strait into cubes. I don't really know how wise to explain it, sorry. Personally I found it a bit of a pain and, to me, it was just much easier to dice veggies by hand than to use the Magimix. But for shredding and chopping, it's great. My biggest complaint (and this is particular to the machine I have, others are styled differently) is that there are too many individual components to wash after each use. There's three bowls nestled inside each other and if I use the small or medium one, the large one tends to get dirty as well. Also the lid and chute are comprised of four different pieces, that all need to get washed after every use.
That said, performance-wise, it's great.

Zeleze

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 12:11 pm
Can a Magimix be used to make Challah's too?

Does it make a dough, which uis a real hard mixture or only for a food processor?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars