Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Is this appropriate?

amother
Red

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 4:26 pm
Hi ladys. Thanks for your time. New job and nice boss bh... I'm kinda his right hand man although that isn't really what I do. So it's normal for us to text or whatsapp after hours. Always appropriate. Boss going away next week- I was disturbed when he sent me a pic now of his office key in my desk. He wanted me to have it while he was gone in case I needed something and was showing me where he left it. I felt so violated that he opened the drawer of my desk. Like maybe there were tampons or birth control pills...there wasn't. But it was probably a bit messy and he's the ocd clean type. Like I said he's nice and all. I just wish I could say in the future please don't open my desk...was he wrong? Am I overreacting? I'm pregnant so I dnt trust myself!!

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 4:29 pm
In my opinion my boss has rights to my desk and computer, it's his after all. However, I get upset if a coworker opens my drawers .

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 4:31 pm
I think it’s ok for him to open your drawers. You shouldn’t keep personal stuff in there.(use your pocket book for that). He wasn’t just poking around in there, he had a good reason for opening it.

momX4

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 4:32 pm
Don't ever leave personal stuff at work. This is why my handbag is massive.

Your boss did as expected. He didn't want his keys lying around, so he wanted to make sure only you know where it is.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 4:37 pm
Tx guys I really appreciate the feedback. Never worked in office before so did not know protocol. Lesson learned. No more junk stashing!

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 4:39 pm
Likes others said. He acted appropriately.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 4:43 pm
amother wrote:
Tx guys I really appreciate the feedback. Never worked in office before so did not know protocol. Lesson learned. No more junk stashing!

I keep mint candies, sometimes granola bars , plastic spoons and a box of tissues in my drawer. Never personal things.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 4:49 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
I keep mint candies, sometimes granola bars , plastic spoons and a box of tissues in my drawer. Never personal things.

I actually don't keep personal things there. There may have been a candy bar not sure. Idk why I felt yucky that he opened my drawer. I didn't know it's normal. Live and learn I guess!

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 5:03 pm
op, I think you're adorable, thinking it's ''your'' desk. The entire office is ''his'', unless he tells you, ''this is your personal and private desk''.
Don't keep anything personal there. Keep it all in your bag. That's why some people come to work with two or three bags :-)

Boca00

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 5:52 pm
Another vote for not saying anything. There's really nothing inappropriate with him doing that.

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 5:54 pm
It may feel like school, but it's different. In school we had our own desk so I could see how you made the mistake of thinking it's your office desk.
Welcome to the club of office workers Wave
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics