Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Seasoned dieters- please help me!
1  2  Next

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 10:21 pm
I lost 45 lb a few years ago. Got really really thin. Had a baby, gained about 25 lb that had to come off. Lost a lot of it, still had 10 to go. Then over the last year with a lot going on I fluctuate up and down another 5-7 lb. the really fantastic Diet I was on (which I am a big advocate for!!) seems to have come to a standstill. I am being perfect and the weight won’t budge. Is there such a thing as body getting used to a diet and needing to try something else? I don’t cheat. I follow to a t. It has worked for me so well in the past. What to do?? I am desperate to lose the weight.

OutATowner

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 10:44 pm
That's so frustrating!
Exercise, cardio and toning, can help you break the plateau.
And your successes are very impressive! Kol hakavod!

OutATowner

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 10:45 pm
Can you share which diet you are on?

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 10:54 pm
Very balanced eating. I worked with a nutritionist. Very low fat. Lots of veg. Includes grains, protein, dairy and some fruit.

agreer

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 11:41 pm
Switch up food/exercise. The body is highly adaptable and gets used to things quickly.

amother
Green

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 12:04 am
It's called a plateau. You need to go back to the person who put you on the diet have some modifications made.

fiji

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 6:49 am
Add in exercise!!

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 8:07 am
amother wrote:
It's called a plateau. You need to go back to the person who put you on the diet have some modifications made.

That’s not an option. Doesn’t do it anymore. I’ve tried implementing my own changes but not working much. Does anyone have advice of a really good program I can switch to temporarily to see if something else will work? I don’t want anything crazy with supplements or sprays and the like. I have a lot of will power and can stick to a program but it needs to be normal foods. I don’t want to live on shakes and vitamins.

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 8:09 am
Oh and I exercise. I go to a really intense class (cardio and toning) twice a week and I do my own regimen at home almost all other days.

simba

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 10:08 am
Try cutting out fruits and grains, it is a hard one but may put you in ketosis and fat will just burn.

happinessseeker

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 10:08 am
Shake it up for a day. Try doing low carb - eat lots of protein and no carbs for one day (before anyone gets all up in arms it's one day and nothing's going to happen). Eggs and coffee in the morning, plain (must be plain) Greek yogurt for a snack, (some) lettuce and protein for lunch, protein and (some) veggie for dinner. Eat more protein if you're hungry. Limit the veggies. Shake up your system for a day or two and the go back on your plan.

doodlesmom

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 10:37 am
In my experience a body definitely gets used to a diet, after every baby I end up needing a diet with a different angle because the past one that worked so well stopped working.
Maybe it's time to just go down a different route, I.e. Low carbs instead of balanced meals or vice versa.
Exercise is always gonna help if you aren't exercising.

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 10:38 am
happinessseeker wrote:
Shake it up for a day. Try doing low carb - eat lots of protein and no carbs for one day (before anyone gets all up in arms it's one day and nothing's going to happen). Eggs and coffee in the morning, plain (must be plain) Greek yogurt for a snack, (some) lettuce and protein for lunch, protein and (some) veggie for dinner. Eat more protein if you're hungry. Limit the veggies. Shake up your system for a day or two and the go back on your plan.

Curious why low veggies helps?

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 10:40 am
Try to replace cooked veggies with uncooked veggies such as a veggie salad with leafy greens. Try it for a week.

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 10:42 am
amother wrote:
Try to replace cooked veggies with uncooked veggies such as a veggie salad with leafy greens. Try it for a week.

Do you mind explaining why? I eat lots of veg. Usually a big leafy salad at lunch and cooked veg at supper. Why would the Cooked veg be hurting?

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 11:24 am
Increase water
Decrease exercise for 1 week and then go back to your exercise schedule.

Are you building muscle?
Measure instead of weigh

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 11:57 am
amother wrote:
Do you mind explaining why? I eat lots of veg. Usually a big leafy salad at lunch and cooked veg at supper. Why would the Cooked veg be hurting?

I don't have my source in front of me, when I do I'll post it.
Raw veggies definitely have an action in the body that cooked does not have. Raw is powerful, cooked is completely inactive, just adds volume.
Same with fruit. Raw is powerful, cooked is not.

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 11:58 am
simba wrote:
Try cutting out fruits and grains, it is a hard one but may put you in ketosis and fat will just burn.

I get plateaus in ketosis and even weight gain. I’m about to start playing with my food to start losing again but I also would never have the nerve to if I wasn’t doing keto because I’d be afraid of starving. Keto is great because you stop the cravings and feel sated faster which ultimately means you eat less BUT that doesn’t mean you can’t still overeat.

Last edited by Chana Miriam S on Fri, Jan 12 2018, 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

cookies6

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 11:59 am
Carb cycling works for some people to break through a plateau. It's very low carb/high protein for a couple of days. Then a couple of days with carbs added in. You can do low carb on Sunday/Monday, carbs on Tuesday/Wednesday, low carb on Thursday, carbs on Friday/Shabbos.

Momof14

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 1:59 pm
Anyone ever tried eft tapping for weight loss ? I would love to hear anything anyone knows about it.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise