Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What wacky, nutty, crazy thing happened to you recently?!
Previous  1  2  3  4

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 1:34 pm
amother wrote:
Do you all vote for me to remove it? I'd be glad to remove it.

No. I like seeing that people experience all different things in their life and we can all learn from it. In this case there are two apparent things. Hashem took care of you in a most interesting way and you did something really dangerous and made us realize to be more careful with our decisions.

relish

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 1:36 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
No. I like seeing that people experience all different things in their life and we can all learn from it. In this case there are two apparent things. Hashem took care of you in a most interesting way and you did something really dangerous and made us realize to be more careful with our decisions.

This

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 2:19 pm
Ok, here's a story that meets criteria for this thread:
One Shabbos afternoon I was lying in bed, and fell into a sweet slumber.
It was a lovely spring day and the windows were open. A most pleasant breeze washed across my face as I performed the mitzvah of resting on Shabbos.
When out of the blue a pigeon flew through the window and landed on my cheek!
Never mind the scare factor, this was a certifiably wacky situation!
Eta: I just checked the original post: roosters in the house. Yup. Anything with wings in the house meets criteria for this thread :-)

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 2:36 pm
amother wrote:
Ok, here's a story that meets criteria for this thread:
One Shabbos afternoon I was lying in bed, and fell into a sweet slumber.
It was a lovely spring day and the windows were open. A most pleasant breeze washed across my face as I performed the mitzvah of resting on Shabbos.
When out of the blue a pigeon flew through the window and landed on my cheek!
Never mind the scare factor, this was a certifiably wacky situation!

Omg! That reminds me of my father , he was sleeping in the sukkah. In those days the neighborhood we lived in was sleazy and creepy and he didn't feel so safe out there in the sukkah I. The back yard. He was fast asleep and heard rattling from above. He was sure that he was going to be attacked . He opened his eyes and that second something came crashing down on his chest. Two yellow eyes were staring straight into his face. It was a black cat that jumped in through he schach!!!

Big Mama

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 3:49 pm
amother wrote:

Over the course of the next six months he gives me about a thousand dollars a month to help finance alternative therapies.

That is some story! I'm blown away by the generosity of the gentleman. Wow! To think that non jews can be so generous to yidden!
I understand he wasn't a random stranger, but connected via your friend's friend? Not that it matters to me. You obviously trust your instincts to guide you. I don't think I could do that.
BTW, I'm curious which book he gave you.

Big Mama

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 3:53 pm
amother wrote:
I agree, the post displays extremely poor judgement and could have easily ended as another "story" chas veshalom. Not something to be proud of.

Where did she write she's ''proud'' ?

Big Mama

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 3:55 pm
crust wrote:

I came home with my entire mouth numbed up and no cleaning done. My mouth was still sore the next day.

What a nightmare! She is totally sue-able!

Big Mama

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 3:58 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:

Yup, it's true , I have a rooster and three hens living IN my house.
What wacky, crazy thing is going on in your neck of the woods ?!

When my childen were young, one of them had a pet gerbil. Every day we'd let the gerbil out of the cage for free-range living. One time the gerbil disappeared into a closet, and could not be found. The next day we found holes on the clothes in the closet. The gerbil was eating at our clothes :-(
I can't remember the end of that, it was so many years ago.

crust

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 3:59 pm
Big Mama wrote:
What a nightmare! She is totally sue-able!

Is she? I can use some cash Wink

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 4:04 pm
seeker wrote:
Did you ever have that stubborn kid where the choice was to either let him wear or not wear what he wants, or never get out of the house?

I bought my toddler a nice down coat for the winter but he refuses to wear it. He only wants to wear his thin packable fall jacket. It was 7 degrees last week and that’s what he wore!!😬
We only went from house to car and back. And I wrapped him in a blanket. The one time I actually pushed him in the stroller in these frigid past few weeks, I forced him into his down coat, but even then he refused to wear gloves.

Big Mama

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 4:06 pm
crust wrote:
Is she? I can use some cash Wink

Yes, she is. Depends on your sol. When did this happen?

shanie5

Post Sat, Jan 13 2018, 10:40 pm
When I was a teenager,my bedroom window was about 2 feet from the ground outside. One night I had a dream that I was petting a cat. I woke up from the dream and realized I WAS PETTING A CAT! My sister had opened the window during the day and did not close it again. I woke her up and made her get rid of the cat.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics