Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Baby with herpes?

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 8:42 am
A few days ago my ten month old developed a few blisters around his mouth and on his cheeks. Thinking it was possibly an allergic type of reaction I didn't think much of it. The following day he developed a cluster of blisters on his eye brow, this morning he has a new blister in his nose and his diaper area is covered in blisters. I really don't want to take him to the doctor due to the fact that the flu is now rampant and I don't want him exposed unnecessarily. Based on what I've been reading these blisters are likely a herpes virus. The older ones have popped and are kind of oozing yellow crusty stuff. Any insight? What is the treatment? Do I need to be concerned? Where could he have picked this up from as no one in the house has this...

SixOfWands

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 9:11 am
Pls don’t self diagnose. Take baby to the doctor. Oozing blisters on his face and covering his diaper area is not to be taken lightly.

das

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 10:47 am
Wow! Pls take your baby to the dr stat!

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 10:48 am
Definitely should bring the baby to the doctor. Oozing blisters could be impetigo among other things.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 10:51 am
If it's truly herpes, then a baby is usually treated with liquid acyclovir. Your doctor may even require that your baby be medicated until his first birthday. Please don't ignore and take him to a doctor!

tweety1

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 11:00 am
Sounds like a classic case of herpes. My baby when he was a few weeks old had a rash that resembles herpes and in panic ran to the dr. 2 Dr's over there were busy with me teaching me the difference between his rash and herpes via the internet/ pictures cuz they saw how panic stricken I am. So they wanted to calm me down 1000 percent by doing that. That being said what I saw on those pictures is exactly what your describing.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 3:26 pm
You need to make sure it's not in his eyes as you said there are lesions on the eyebrows. This is very serious.

Surrendered

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 3:48 pm
Fastest way to get rid of herpes and all alike (Coxsackie, thrush...), goat milk directly from goat!!! See major deduction after one time session (5 minutes), or 2 times for complete results. Miracles!!! I know of place to go in upstate NY.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics