Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
ISO of Bungallow colony
1  2  Next

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 1:10 pm
I’m looking to go to a spend the summer in the Catskills. I’ve never done this before. Where do I start?
I’m looking for a chassidish crowd. Somewhat similar to Golden Hills /Nachlei Emunah.
I want nicer bungalows and grounds.
A place that has an established day camp for my dchildren.
I also want a place that’s walking distance to town.
Which place would you recommend?
Any information is appreciated.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 1:48 pm
Golden hills is walking distance to town. But the bungalows aren’t nice. Honestly, what you’re looking for doesn’t exist. If you want to rent something nice, it’s going to be in a place like willow woods which is not very bungalow colonyish. And is not walking distance town. In general, most places are not walking distance. Unless you want to walk about 45 minutes...

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 1:50 pm
these days lots of groceries deliver if you were worried abut that

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 2:38 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Golden hills is walking distance to town. But the bungalows aren’t nice. Honestly, what you’re looking for doesn’t exist. If you want to rent something nice, it’s going to be in a place like willow woods which is not very bungalow colonyish. And is not walking distance town. In general, most places are not walking distance. Unless you want to walk about 45 minutes...

Thanks for your response. Is there no place with nicer bungalows? Or nicer grounds? I’m sure there’s got to be. I don’t mind a “nicer place”. I just still want my kids to run free and have friends.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 2:41 pm
amother wrote:
these days lots of groceries deliver if you were worried abut that

Thanks. It’s not the groceries I’m concerned about. And it doesn’t need to be near a “kosher” kind of town. A strip with a dollar store and some others would also be great. I just need a place where I can escape and air out. I’m getting a little nervous of being gated in for the summer without the option of running off if need be.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 2:43 pm
Candlewood cottages is across the road from Walmart with decent bungalows and directly across from Miami Cottages which has the day camp.

Small colony, decent bungalows mixed chassidish crowd and mixed age groups.

It’s all owned, but a lot are rented out by owner.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 2:44 pm
For example there a place right across Walmart called cottages or something. I think they have nice grounds. But the people there all own they’re units.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 2:47 pm
amother wrote:
Candlewood cottages is across the road from Walmart with decent bungalows and directly across from Miami Cottages which has the day camp.

Small colony, decent bungalows mixed chassidish crowd and mixed age groups.

It’s all owned, but a lot are rented out by owner.

Thanks. I see we cross posted. That’s what I meant.
Is Miami the same type f crowd?
How do I find out if someone is looking to rent theirs out?

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 9:06 pm
Bumping for the evening crowd.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 9:12 pm
Miami is similar crowd, not sure what the grounds look like. Some of Miami is also owned, which are usually nicer bungalows.

They put ads out in the papers or it’s word of mouth if you know someone there.

Down anawana lake road is Forest Park, new owned two floor homes. There are actually some other colonies off that road, sorry don’t know the names.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 11:29 pm
Op here. I’m back. Trying my luck again. Anyone else can help me find a place for this summer? I really would like to give my family the experience.

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 11:43 pm
Sunray cottages on la vista drive in south fallsburg has beautiful grounds and decent bungalows ( most are owned, a few rentals available) it's walking distance to town and right next to Cutlers...good daycamp and the big boys are bussed in to krasne camp

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 12:25 am
amother wrote:
Sunray cottages on la vista drive in south fallsburg has beautiful grounds and decent bungalows ( most are owned, a few rentals available) it's walking distance to town and right next to Cutlers...good daycamp and the big boys are bussed in to krasne camp

Thanx for responding! How do I find out about renting one of the units? Any contact info?

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 7:44 am
amother wrote:
Thanks for your response. Is there no place with nicer bungalows? Or nicer grounds? I’m sure there’s got to be. I don’t mind a “nicer place”. I just still want my kids to run free and have friends.

I can think of one place. Park garden estates. But there is only one or two bungalows to tent. But the crowd is in their fifties. Any young people there,are their kids and grandkids. In general, if you want your kids to run around then you need to rent a dumpy place or buy in a small place.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 7:46 am
amother wrote:

I go to cutlers. Lots of chassidim there but the place is a dump.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 7:46 am
I thought of an idea op. You can try whispering woods.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 8:39 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
I go to cutlers. Lots of chassidim there but the place is a dump.

Ummm... just because Sunray cottages is in the vicinity of Cutlers doesn't equal dump 🤔 Did you ever see Sunray cottages??? They have absolutely gorgeous grounds... I only referenced Cutlers as a landmark location and convenience as far as grocery is concerned...

cnc

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 8:42 am
Lake Forest and Laurel Ledge and Alpine Acres usually advertise summer homes for rent closer to the summer.

Eta: I just noticed you wrote walking distance to town... I'm not sure that they fit your criteria.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 8:54 am
amother wrote:
Ummm... just because Sunray cottages is in the vicinity of Cutlers doesn't equal dump 🤔 Did you ever see Sunray cottages??? They have absolutely gorgeous grounds... I only referenced Cutlers as a landmark location and convenience as far as grocery is concerned...

I believe I said cutlers is a dump.

I said nothing about Sun ray

Blessing1

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 8:58 am
Op, the best way to find something is looking at ads in the papers.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics