Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
I think I Want to work from home

hello321

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 12:23 am
I currently work in an office and BH enjoy my job. I recently had a baby and I’m really feeling like I want to work from home. It’s not my first child snd I have always gone back to work after each child.
I just feel like why am I sending my child to a babysitter when I want to be with them?
Is it a good idea to stay home?
How will I know if I can do it?
I would have to find out from my job if I can do my job from home but let’s say I can what do you think in terms of getging work done and being home ?
Any tips or personal experience is appreciated

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 12:37 am
At the beginning I got a lot of work done during naps because newborns nap a LOT. When they napped a bit less as older babies into toddlerhood I had babysitters usually about 6-10 hours a week and did a combo of working while the sitters were here, working during naps, and working after bedtime with breaks for bottles and diapers. Even so, I never worked full time and was always self employed so if I worked less one day and more the next it all worked out ok.

The challenge was keeping sitters because I never hired for half time or full time---- it's hard to keep someone for just 6-10 hours a week. So I blew threw a stack of sitters and some were great and some..... well. The other challenge was noise because when I was on the phone and the kids were loud--- it's not easy in 20 degree weather to tell a sitter who doesn't drive to take your twins out of the house. Smile

Sometimes I had assistants for the business so I could spend more time with the kids too. I enjoyed that too, but then again it was hard to keep good people for just 6-10 hours a week--- I never wanted half or full time help.

My tip is just don't be married to any one way. You might want sitters at home--- you might want to work only during naps and after bedtime---- but you don't have to stick with a decision--- babies change their minds a lot and so will you. Smile Hatzlacha!

hello321

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 9:09 am
Bump

HeartyAppetite

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 9:55 am
As the child gets older it gets harder to work from home with them. I end up working after supper when my baby is sleeping into the wee hours of the night. Eventually you might have to send to a babysitter anyways.

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 9:58 am
Why don't you try half and half?

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 10:48 am
For sanity it is not worth it. One needs a social life out of the house.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers