Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Savory Cottage Cheese Dish

myname1

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 11:22 am
I have a bunch of containers of cottage cheese I would love to use. My kids don't like pasta mixed with anything, so ziti/lasagna are out. And my husband doesn't like sweet meal foods, so the typical blintzes/blintz loaf are out. I would love something like the blintz loaf though, where you mix a bunch of things with cottage cheese and bake it. Any ideas??

tichellady

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 11:51 am
I made a spinach quiche with cottage cheese and a zucchini rice casserole

challahchallah

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 11:53 am
I've used cottage cheese in khachapuri adjaruli before.

simba

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 11:53 am
I have a recipe for easy cottage cheese muffins from my mil. I'll post it when I get home.

SpottedBanana

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 12:37 pm
challahchallah wrote:
I've used cottage cheese in khachapuri adjaruli before.

Cool! Are you or anyone you know from Georgia or a nearby country, or did you hear of khachapuri some other way? And could you post your recipe? The picture on the Wikipedia page looks delicious.

yogabird

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 12:54 pm
Vegtable calzones. Pizza dough filled with sauteed veggies mixed with cottage cheese and shredded cheese

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 1:09 pm
I haven't tried this myself, but it looks like what you're searching for.
www.epicurious.com/recipes/mem.....1/amp
There are also cottage bread recipes.

challahchallah

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 2:45 pm
SpottedBanana wrote:
Cool! Are you or anyone you know from Georgia or a nearby country, or did you hear of khachapuri some other way? And could you post your recipe? The picture on the Wikipedia page looks delicious.

Sorry, no fun story--I got the recipe from Joy of Kosher magazine. I'm still at work, but I'll post it when I get home. I can confirm that they are super delicious though!

doodlesmom

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 3:13 pm
Hungarian cheese? I know pple make it with cottage cheese though I usually use farmer cheese.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 3:20 pm
I sometimes make cottage cheese eggs. It's basically omelette with scoops of cottage cheese and it melts and gets brown and crispubin some areas. You will notice some liquid but it tastes good . My mother used to make this for us as kids and we loved it.

Also, stuffing red, yellow , orange and green peppers with cottage cheese sprinkled with lemon pepper, dill or chives is delicious too.

challahchallah

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 8:15 pm
challahchallah wrote:
Sorry, no fun story--I got the recipe from Joy of Kosher magazine. I'm still at work, but I'll post it when I get home. I can confirm that they are super delicious though!

Sorry, I can't find the specific recipe I use, but I think this one is very similar, except the one I use has cottage cheese instead of the farmers cheese. You can probably play around with the ratio between the cheeses as well--it's been pretty forgiving in my experience.

http://simplyhomecooked.com/kh.....read/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals