Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Pedi Active for ADHD

amother

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 3:04 pm
Has anyone heard of Pedi Active? It's a nutritional supplement and is given for kids with ADHD. Someone suggested to use it and I am wondering if it really works. Does anyone have any experience with it? TIA

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 3:46 pm
I tried it for a short time, but found that the kosher drops have a better effect and the children just get it in their drink instead of knowing they are taking a medication... just slip it in their juice, they have no clue it's there..

amother

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 11:03 am
Can you tell me more about the kosher drops? Where would I find it ? What's the name of the drops?

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 11:10 am
I have asked Yael to try to get this company as an advertising company I am sole posting this because it's to help another mother dealing with ADHD..

www.koshervitamins.com

See all NEWNUTRIC products

Click here to learn about this hechsher.
List Price: $19.95
Our Price: $17.96
You Save: 10%

Ingredients:
St. John’s Wort fresh flowering top, valerian root. In a base of kosher alcohol.

Recommend Use:
20 drops 3-4 times daily for children over 3 years old.

Food Sensitivity:
Organic High Potency

The other product that is awesome, if you can get your child to eat it... Because let's be honest what child will willingly eat fish oil.

New From Maxi Health!

Chewable Omega Yums Fish Oil
Fruity Burst!

Regular price: $38.95
Sale price: $27.27

amother

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 11:26 am
Thanks Mitzvahmom, for the info.

Coke Slurpee

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 11:40 am
Mitzvah Mom - I wanted to use pediactive, but have not been able to figure out it's kashrus status.

So I might just try this - Do you use the drops and the fish oil? Do the drops have a taste to them and how often do you go through a bottle.

TIA

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 11:46 am
The drops do not affect the taste of the juice or milk. My daughter does not even realize that she's taking it.. Honestly, get one bottle and see if it helps your child...

As for the fish oil.. It's really the omega 3 that has been shown to affect children diagnosed with ADHD..

This is also avail in Flax seed, walnuts...etc. There is a cereal called Zoey's O's, it's made with flax seed and looks like cheerios.. I just mix it with regular cheerios, and give her a bag to munch on the way to school.

Coke Slurpee

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 12:12 pm
What are the drops called- their is alot on the website?

Thanx!

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 12:17 pm
Children’s Calming Concentrate

Coke Slurpee

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 12:41 pm
thanx very much

leomom

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 12:36 am
The Calming Concentrate seems more geared to relaxation/sleep.... is it actually meant also for daytime concentration/attention? And are these herbs (St. John's Wort & valerian) safe for kids? I am exploring options for my son and will try it if it's meant for this and generally known to be safe.

I'm also going to try to the liquid fish oil supplement (lemon-lime flavor) - which I chose over the fruit-flavored chews because those are artificially flavored and contain sucralose (Splenda).

I'd be very interested in hearing more people's experiences with either fish oil or other nutritional/herbal supplements for kids with very challenging behavior, difficulty concentrating, oppositional, etc.

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 7:50 am
the fish oil is awesome, if you can get your child to take it...

It's hard to find one that a child is willing to take because let's face it... It is oil

Smiles

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 11:38 am
Maxi Health makes a fish oil for kids, Omega Yums... It has a bubble gum taste and does not have a fishy taste also you don't have to tell you kid that it's fish oil.

leomom

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 8:29 pm
Smiles wrote:
Maxi Health makes a fish oil for kids, Omega Yums... It has a bubble gum taste and does not have a fishy taste also you don't have to tell you kid that it's fish oil.

I was really excited when I saw that, but that's the one that has artificial flavor and Splenda in it, which I don't give to my kids. I would personally avoid these ingredients in a nutritional supplement, in particular, because many kids with ADD-like behaviors are sensitive to artificial additives.

I'd love it if they made the same thing with only natural flavors and sweetened with perhaps stevia or other natural alternative. For my purposes I wouldn't even mind if they put plain old sugar in it! But for other people the sugar could be a problem.

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 8:33 pm
same here...what I am dealing with...

my daughter does great with regular flax seed oil (same result omega3) BTW there is a cereal called zoey's o's Made with flax seed, I make her eat it on the way to school..

But all the children's versions have splenda that make her crazy!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics