Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Need a lawyer to start my own business - not sure who

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 10:05 am
I am a school psychologist (unlicensed) trying to determine what I would be allowed and not allowed to do within a private practice. I need an attorney to figure this out with me but I do not know what type of law this is. Corporate attorneys don't typically know education/psychology law and I don't know if education lawyers are familiar with business law. Any advice (not legal advice, just advice about what type of lawyer to look for) is appreciated. TIA.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 10:20 am
amother wrote:
I am a school psychologist (unlicensed) trying to determine what I would be allowed and not allowed to do within a private practice. I need an attorney to figure this out with me but I do not know what type of law this is. Corporate attorneys don't typically know education/psychology law and I don't know if education lawyers are familiar with business law. Any advice (not legal advice, just advice about what type of lawyer to look for) is appreciated. TIA.

Wouldn't your state licensing board have that info?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 10:28 am
the state licensing board has information about what falls under the scope of the practice of psychology. However I do not want to assume that I am able to privately practice in ways that are not explicitly listed under the exiting articles. I would like to speak with someone who is familiar with how these articles and provisions have been applied and any relevant case law.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 10:30 am
If you're in NYS, call the Office of the Professions.
For this line of work a Google search led me to this phone number 518-474-3817 at the OP.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 10:33 am
Jordan Hiller

Jordan@hillerlegal.com

He is really great.

Tell him Devora and Miriam sent you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics