Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Ideas for another degree in healthcare

amother
White

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 7:03 pm
If anyone would like to help me out with ideas/suggestions...

I'm a nutritionist (not RD) and would like to advance my career since I can't do much with it besides working as an assistant dietitian at hospitals. Some non-Rds that I know, went for a public health degree so their income is better as a result. I'm not sure if I'd want to go with public health. In college, I was best in chemistry and I was thinking about going for pharmacy but decided to go with nutrition instead (little did I know how having a high paying income is VERY important when having kids at yeshiva). Now I'm not sure if I can go ahead for another 4 year degree (or more...since I might be doing it part time while working).

I do love to help people. I did like working at a hospital and just talking to patients and the hospital staff. I like that environment, so I'm thinking of going for something in the healthcare. Any suggestions for like a 2 year associate degree? (I don't want nursing). I was thinking a sonographer, but again, I'm not sure... back in college, I was better in chemistry than biology. But now that I'm older with kids, if I go back to work, I know it will be harder, but I also know I'll be working harder to finish up a degree for my family.

mirror

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 8:04 pm
Master's in Art therapy? I don't know if there are jobs. Ditto for master's degree in mental health counseling.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics