Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Diagnosing ADD

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 6:04 am
So my sons pediatrician diagnosed him with mild ADD two years ago by giving his teachers and his parents a questioner to answer. He has been on medication ever since and does really great when he takes it. However I really want to take him for a full evaluation to see if maybe something else is going on as well. We live in brooklyn and have Medicaid insurance does anyone know who would do this???

Thank you

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 7:05 am
Dr. Harris Huberman, developmental pediatrician

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 7:32 am
you can also call relief and get a recommendation for someone who is a real professional in the field but will be out of pocket cost. just another option if you need to.

just as a side note, I wish I would have had an opinion of developemental pediatrician just a couple of years ago so I would have spared myself agony. and having the issues with ds and being so clueless about it. even though so many kids have it I was still clueless that ds had it. even though dh claims he saw it coming.

I never realized it. and now fast forward we spent thousands of dollars to have him properly diagnosed withh adhd. is on medication but so much damage has happened over the years between him myself and dh. so much negativity. and were still struggling. although much much better. bh.

I just wish I really new what adhd was. even though I heard and read about it. it never dawned on me.

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 11:39 am
Bump anyone else?

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 1:43 pm
Dr. Huberman is basically the only good doctor that accepts Medicaid insurance if you don't want to pay out of pocket. Make an appointment now because the wait is months long and then continue doing research to see if you find anyone else. You can always cancel the appointment..

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 2:34 pm
Personally, I'd rather spend the money on a functional medical doctor to find out what's causing the add and how to remedy it, rather than on a neurologist who will basically just tell you what you already know.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 2:41 pm
I would go to a neuropsychologists or developmental pediatrician
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children