Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
No fail London broil recipe please!!!!

emunahmother

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 1:24 pm
I’m having a lot of trouble making it. If it makes a difference it’s about 3lbs. I find it comes out firm and chewy. I’m really struggling here because I’ve tasted it by others and it’s so delicious. How do I get mine to be?

bargainlover

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 2:22 pm
Maybe you are cooking it too long, that was my mistake.

emunahmother

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 2:25 pm
How long is it suppose to cook for? I was cooking it like a regular roast but t never got fork tender.

simcha2

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 2:49 pm
Are you marinating it? It's a tough cut so benefits from marinating overnight (preferably in a marinade with lemon juice in it).

MmmFood

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 2:52 pm
It shouldn't be cooked like a regular roast. Most recipes say to marinate first and then to broil or grill for about 10 minutes each side and let rest for 5-10 mins before slicing.

bargainlover

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 2:55 pm
Yes, just broil 10 min per side. If very thick may need a few min more. Supposed to be rare on inside that's how it's soft

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 4:08 pm
Have you bought that same cut from that same butcher before?

Some butchers will cut a less than desirable piece of meat, label it as a fancier cut, and then try to sell it at a higher price.

This happens in Israel ALL THE TIME! Mad I have yet to find a decent cut of meat that is tender without spending 6 hours in a crock pot. "Steak" is just one inch slices of pot roast, and as tough as shoe leather if you try to cook it as a steak.

Sorry, this is a huge pet peeve of mine. I don't mind paying a lot of money for a good cut of meat, but where do you find good meat?

/rant.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 4:14 pm
FF aren't meats in Israel injected with water? It's an issue.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics