Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Grapefruit and Sinus

amother
Black

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 1:43 pm
I got a booming sinus infection and by chance happened to eat a grapefruit. I found this helped clear the pressure and ate one a day. In three days it was gone.

I googled this and I came across using grapefruit seed extract GSE for sinusitis.

So my question is, does eating grapefruit assist in clearing sinuses? Or was it all in my head?

Anyone had such an experience?

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 2:54 pm
Eating grapefruit is not quite the same as taking GSE supplements. But grapefruits do have vitamin C so can only help. I take GSE for colds and it does seem to help tremendously.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 3:41 pm
amother wrote:
I got a booming sinus infection and by chance happened to eat a grapefruit. I found this helped clear the pressure and ate one a day. In three days it was gone.

I googled this and I came across using grapefruit seed extract GSE for sinusitis.

So my question is, does eating grapefruit assist in clearing sinuses? Or was it all in my head?

Anyone had such an experience?

Gone in 3 days without antibiotics?

smss

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 5:36 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Gone in 3 days without antibiotics?

Over 90% of sinus infections are viral:
https://www.cdc.gov/antibiotic......html

OP, it was probably a viral infection that just ran its course. I doubt it was the grapefruit!

happyone

Post Sat, Jan 27 2018, 7:09 pm
Doubt it. Probably coincidental. But hey, whatever works!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen