Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Circo (target) baby bottles

avimom

Post Thu, Aug 23 2007, 9:05 pm
Anyone use these? I've heard that they're copies of avent but a lot cheaper. Don't see them on the website though, have seen them in stores. Are they good?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 11:35 am
Circo has a lot of different bottles. Some are the same as Gerber.
None are like Avent from what I've seen. Some might be wide-mouth nipples.
Either way, I don't think so highly of Avent bottles.

avimom

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 2:58 pm
I had the playtex ventaire and I hated them. I'm looking for someting different...

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 11:15 am
Are you looking for nipples that are closer to the mother's anatomy, or what?
http://www.lowmilksupply.org/nipples.shtml

(Also, most nipples are standard ring size and interchangeable with all bottles, except Avent and Dr. Brown, so you can keep your Playtex bottles and change the nipples.)

avimom

Post Tue, Aug 28 2007, 1:09 pm
don't care about anatomy- I want nipples that don't get clogged and don't leak, which describe the two I have!! My bottles are extra wide- I don' tthink other nipples would fit them.

queen

Post Tue, Aug 28 2007, 1:15 pm
I've been using the regular circo/target bottles (probably similar to gerber) and they work great. Out of all the diff. kinds of bottles tried, this was the one my older daughter latched onto.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Aug 28 2007, 2:14 pm
queen wrote:
I've been using the regular circo/target bottles (probably similar to gerber) and they work great. Out of all the diff. kinds of bottles tried, this was the one my older daughter latched onto.

I was about to buy those until I realized the Gerber ones were cheaper (sale) Wink
And my son does well with those slow flow nipples. My older son had Evenflo Comfi and it didn't work well. The regular cheap bottles I have are not anatomically correct (my sons were good latchers, so I was not concerned) and my only stipulation was slow flow.
But not all nipples are created equal. You can get a package of 3 "identical" nipples: one will drip slowly, one will have a steady stream, and one won't have a hole! There is no quality control, unfortunately, so I can't "recommend" one over another.
If you aren't worried about "natural" shape, then by all means, get what you want Smile The Avent ones aren't as good as they market it to be, but if that's not the reason you're interested in that type, don't let me dissuade you.
I wish I could tell you what is good, and what isn't, but there doesn't seem to be a simple answer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics