Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Tamiflu as prevention for two month old
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Jan 28 2018, 12:05 am
amother wrote:
What triggered me:
1. Assuming that an onion cured your child.

2. The diatribe about the FDA and the CDC being money grubbing organizations. Learn about them, they aren't. But hey, you believe an onion cured your child, why listen to me?

3. That Tamiflu is a steroid, which it isn't.

4. Your stats about babies with Tamiflu dying vs babies with flu dying

Let's say your kid has the flu, and you give him Tamiflu. If you think he's getting dngerously sick do you a: call Hatzolah, or b: cut open an onion?

I think you're smart enough to figure it out yourself. Reread my post that you just quoted. In a previous post I wrote what I would do on case this should happen. Rolling Eyes

My father is a Hatzolah member. He happened to know about my cut up onion "craze" and taught me to check oxygen saturation level. Do u even know what that indicates? You sound like a greenhorn parroting the CDC.

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Jan 28 2018, 12:06 am
Pretty sure it is the flu:( he’s presenting the same exact symptoms as my daughter did last week. I’m worried because he has a history of wheezing and also if it didn’t work on him why would it work on the baby?
The pharmacy didn’t send me enough liquid for the full dosages they said most people don’t request more. Guess I’ll be requesting more after all.
I discontinued my daughter. She got most of her doses and is feeling fine by now. Though I suspect it left her some fluid in the ears as a souvenir.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jan 28 2018, 12:16 am
amother wrote:
My four year old is showing early symptoms despite the Tamiflu:( how can this be? Does that mean my baby might get it too? I’m really scared! And what’s the point of giving it if it doesn’t help?

Brown, that's what some of us have been saying all along... Unfortunately, Tamiflu research results were partially hidden, kept under lock and key, with only the positive results released. At the end of the day, we really do NOT know if Tamiflu works any better than Tylenol at relieving flu symptoms and certain we do not know if it can prevent the flu.

There is a doctor that is leading an action committee to change the way medical trials are run, demanding transparency. He wants that all drug trials be registered before beginning, and the results recorded and documented throughout the testing. As of now, pharmaceutical companies only submit postive-result tests for publication -- even if their own trials had less than 50% success stories. That means a lot of info is just missing, leaving your doctor believing only the reports he reads, as handed to him by the selling party.

Another thing this group is fighting for is that clinical trials should be run by an unbiased third party -- not the selling manufactures.

http://www.alltrials.net/find-.....deos/

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jan 28 2018, 12:17 am
And let me say this loud and clear:

I am not anti-medicine, anti-antibiotics, etc.

I believe in sechel and weighing what we know against what we face.

Unfortunately, even some great doctors out there are being spoon-fed falsified info and they really don't know if they drugs they are giving are effective or safe. Many are, and many are not.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Jan 28 2018, 12:24 am
You didn't answer my question. I asked why you call this bad parening? What would you do if your child has a dry cough? Run on all fours to the ER? Is THIS what you call good parenting? I call it PANIC parenting...

I never said the onion "cured" my son. It eased his symptoms till his body overcame the virus. instead of using albuterol or even regular saline I used an onion and it worked. It's an old remedy that was lost to many due to the medical advances. My grandmother said that this is what they used when a child had a cough. Very simple...

I didn't say Tamiflu IS purely a steroid, but that it CONTAINS steroids! I Why do you misinterpret my words???

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jan 28 2018, 12:26 am
amother wrote:
Pretty sure it is the flu:( he’s presenting the same exact symptoms as my daughter did last week. I’m worried because he has a history of wheezing and also if it didn’t work on him why would it work on the baby?
The pharmacy didn’t send me enough liquid for the full dosages they said most people don’t request more. Guess I’ll be requesting more after all.
I discontinued my daughter. She got most of her doses and is feeling fine by now. Though I suspect it left her some fluid in the ears as a souvenir.

Just curious: If you see it didn't work for one kid, why would you go and get even more of that medicine?

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jan 28 2018, 12:33 am
amother wrote:
You didn't answer my question. I asked why you call this bad parening? What would you do if your child has a dry cough? Run on all fours to the ER? Is THIS what you call good parenting? I call it PANIC parenting...

I never said the onion "cured" my son. It eased his symptoms till his body overcame the virus. instead of using albuterol or even regular saline I used an onion and it worked. It's an old remedy that was lost to many due to the medical advances. My grandmother said that this is what they used when a child had a cough. Very simple...

I didn't say Tamiflu IS purely a steroid, but that it CONTAINS steroids! I Why do you misinterpret my words???

Orchid, while I am with you in believing that Tamiflu isn't a great medication, I do feel it is important to say that I am not sure where you get the info about Tamiflu containing steroids. I just looked up the ingredients and I don't see any listed. That, of course, doesn't make it safe and effective, but at least steroid-free...

What are the ingredients in TAMIFLU?
Active ingredient: oseltamivir phosphate
Inactive ingredients:
TAMIFLU capsules: pregelatinized starch, talc, povidone K30, croscarmellose
sodium, and sodium stearyl fumarate
30mg capsule shell: gelatin, titanium dioxide, yellow iron oxide, and red iron
oxide
45mg capsules shell: gelatin, titanium dioxide, and black iron oxide
75mg capsules shell: gelatin, titanium dioxide, yellow iron oxide, black iron
oxide, and red iron oxide
TAMIFLU for oral suspension: sorbitol, monosodium citrate, xanthan gum,
titanium dioxide, tutti-frutti flavoring, sodium benzoate, saccharin sodium and
water.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Jan 28 2018, 12:36 am
amother wrote:
So, in 1918 during the flu pandemic, 500,000 people died. Flu isn't deadly?

37 children have died this year from the flu.

Where did you pediatrician go to medical school, Grenada?

Do you know that in 1918 there was no proper knowledge about handwashing and the conditions were not sanitary at all? Antibiotics weren't invented yet.

Look at the numbers. It went from 500,000 down to 35? What do you think caused this reduction?

I think my pediatrician went to school in Bermuda.

You are NOT answering my questions and I am not going to be bullied by a beat-around-the-bush, clueless person that refuses to see the truth. You don't deserve any more of my time. Enjoy debating with others! Wave

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Jan 28 2018, 12:52 am
amother wrote:
Just curious: If you see it didn't work for one kid, why would you go and get even more of that medicine?

Well it worked wonders on my daughter once she already had it. Within 12 hours of the first dose there was no more fever whereas the night before she still had the shakes. So if my son indeed has it I’ll need the medication to treat him. But I’ll have to consult the doctor first if I can do twice a day now since he’s already been on it for four days...

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jan 28 2018, 1:05 am
amother wrote:
Well it worked wonders on my daughter once she already had it. Within 12 hours of the first dose there was no more fever whereas the night before she still had the shakes. So if my son indeed has it I’ll need the medication to treat him. But I’ll have to consult the doctor first if I can do twice a day now since he’s already been on it for four days...

I'm certainly not telling you what to do, but I do want to make you THINK: How do you know for sure that the Tamiflu was the cause of healing? Some people heal from the flu in 2 days naturally, some take a week or more. I would not automatically jump to saying that the Tamiflu is the cause for her healing.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Jan 28 2018, 1:09 am
amother wrote:
Orchid, while I am with you in believing that Tamiflu isn't a great medication, I do feel it is important to say that I am not sure where you get the info about Tamiflu containing steroids. I just looked up the ingredients and I don't see any listed. That, of course, doesn't make it safe and effective, but at least steroid-free...

What are the ingredients in TAMIFLU?
Active ingredient: oseltamivir phosphate
Inactive ingredients:
TAMIFLU capsules: pregelatinized starch, talc, povidone K30, croscarmellose
sodium, and sodium stearyl fumarate
30mg capsule shell: gelatin, titanium dioxide, yellow iron oxide, and red iron
oxide
45mg capsules shell: gelatin, titanium dioxide, and black iron oxide
75mg capsules shell: gelatin, titanium dioxide, yellow iron oxide, black iron
oxide, and red iron oxide
TAMIFLU for oral suspension: sorbitol, monosodium citrate, xanthan gum,
titanium dioxide, tutti-frutti flavoring, sodium benzoate, saccharin sodium and
water.

Like I said a friend of mine has seen the actual data. You're right. I did a quick search myself and don't see any evidence of steroids.

corticosteroids are given sometimes though if the flu gets so bad and damages the lungs. I might have misunderstood. I'm sorry for not doing my own thorough research on the exact ingredients. Will definitely be more careful in the future.

That being said, it does mess with the brain causing serious psychiatric disturbances ecspecially in children. There were a number of recent deaths that were attributed to suicidal thoughts and hallucinations after taking the drug. just google psychiatric disturbances and Tamiflu. Many credible news stations reported very disturbing stories that ended in death because these kids lost their mind.

How did this thread start? A mother asked wether to give her children Tamiflu as prevention. The answer is that one has to do their own research and base their decision on their findings and feelings. Some reported terrible stomach disturbances and they thought it was the drug. It's always better to avoid medication if possible altogether.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jan 28 2018, 1:15 am
Yes, Orchid, there definitely documentation that Tamiflu has caused pyschotic episodes, hallucinations, etc. I certainly would not give it.

As for steroid being given for severe flu symptoms, there is only one time that I would give it and that is when the oxygen level of the patient is going below 91/92. Steroids absolutely work for breathing issues and should be used in life-threatening situations.

That being said, I would be extra cautious with the steroids in anyone who has had skin issues in the past. Systemic (and topical as well) steroids can cause a pseudo-eczema that is extremely severe and will never resolve unless the person goes through a painful withdrawal process. It is very sad.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Jan 28 2018, 7:23 am
My 2 children had the flu last week. Within a few hrs of starting tamiflu they were starting to feel better. They went from laying in bed not talking and moving with high fever to business as usial. Tamiflu really does work

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Jan 28 2018, 8:02 am
Did someone say onion?! Didn't follow entire thread but my daughter had hallucinations from tamiflu and were told to stop. she developed a cough one night so we put onions and it helped almost immediately. I'm super into alternatives (ear infections dnt get medicated etc) but gave all my kids tamiflu. I didnt see a difference bet those that got and my daughter that couldn't. But I'd still give it. Because that could be a potential pekuach nefesh. The stories of flu victims this yr is hair raising. I could never live w myself knowing there is more I coulda done. And yes I believe studies could be twisted and money is the strongest factor behind drugs etc but still I dnt believe hkbh expects us to be smarty pants. Use your seichal and do ur best. And if it's a sakana better be in side of caution

gold21

Post Sun, Jan 28 2018, 8:16 am
amother wrote:
Like I said a friend of mine has seen the actual data. You're right. I did a quick search myself and don't see any evidence of steroids.

corticosteroids are given sometimes though if the flu gets so bad and damages the lungs. I might have misunderstood. I'm sorry for not doing my own thorough research on the exact ingredients. Will definitely be more careful in the future.

That being said, it does mess with the brain causing serious psychiatric disturbances ecspecially in children. There were a number of recent deaths that were attributed to suicidal thoughts and hallucinations after taking the drug. just google psychiatric disturbances and Tamiflu. Many credible news stations reported very disturbing stories that ended in death because these kids lost their mind.

How did this thread start? A mother asked wether to give her children Tamiflu as prevention. The answer is that one has to do their own research and base their decision on their findings and feelings. Some reported terrible stomach disturbances and they thought it was the drug. It's always better to avoid medication if possible altogether.

It really is important to double and triple check your information before posting it.

Anyway, my son has been given steroids in the E.R. twice for bad cases of croup. His breathing was pretty labored and steroids were 100 percent necessary, so no regrets. Baruch Hashem for modern medicine and Baruch Hashem he's outgrown croup! Yay!

goldrose

Post Sun, Jan 28 2018, 11:04 am
Just posting in support of "amother orchid".

We moms feel we must DO something when child is ill. Sometimes we just need to give the body time. Fluids, rest, and time.

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Jan 28 2018, 7:45 pm
I haven’t been myself today. Pretty sure the Tamiflu has given me brain-fog. Not sure why today of all days. The baby and I have been sleeping more than usual this shabbos and Sunday.
While I’ll continue it for my son who’s showing symptoms, especially because of his history with wheezing, and I do see that his symptoms are not as severe as my daughters were, I think this is it for both me and baby.
May god keep us safe from the flu, but once something messes with my brain it’s out.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics