Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Chizuk please - how do you justify throwing things out?
Previous  1  2

exhausted

Post Mon, Jan 29 2018, 12:37 pm
One important thing to think about, do you have the space and is everything organized? You say you have a lot of random office supplies etc. Do you know where they are when you need them, or do you go out and buy the same thing again because everything is such a mess that you can't find it anyway. Start by organizing everything and if you have several of the same things, give some of them away.

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Jan 29 2018, 12:51 pm
Thanks everyone so much. It's so hard breaking out of this mindset but I see many of you have and I will hopefully take your advice to heart.

I dont know why, but those moments where I have actually needed something I have saved for years and also those moments where I miss something I have thrown out have embedded themselves in my brain and have become very very strong and larger than life. I have to break free from that.

Post Mon, Jan 29 2018, 2:36 pm
amother wrote:
I used to feel that way until someone told me to think about the value of the space the item is taking up. Space in your house has value too.

Find out the value of the space in your house. My house is X dollars a square ft. I don't own any stuff worth storing.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics