Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Sturdy travel stroller

cnc

Post Wed, Jan 31 2018, 8:16 pm
I'm looking for a sturdy good quality travel stroller. I want something that doesn't take up a lot of space in my trunk and is easy to fold and use on public transportation (and bounce up and down on subway steps etc..)
I would like to spend under $200 if possible and I'm fine with a previous years' model since they're usually discounted.
Any suggestions?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 31 2018, 8:37 pm
cnc wrote:
I'm looking for a sturdy good quality travel stroller. I want something that doesn't take up a lot of space in my trunk and is easy to fold and use on public transportation (and bounce up and down on subway steps etc..)
I would like to spend under $200 if possible and I'm fine with a previous years' model since they're usually discounted.
Any suggestions?

Does it have to recline?
I bought a travel stroller specifically for travel and public transportation that I love but part of what makes it super light (has a strap to swing it over my shoulder) is the no recline.

cnc

Post Wed, Jan 31 2018, 8:45 pm
I'm currently using a 20 dollar stroller from the drug store that doesn't recline but it's really difficult to wheel. It serves the purpose for having something handy in the car but it's very difficult if I need to walk a few blocks etc. I'm looking for something a little more solid now.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 31 2018, 8:48 pm
I love this. Borrowed it from my friend by my first child when we had an appointment in Manhattan and I was taking the train by myself.
I loved it so much I bought my own when I had my second child. We used it for 4 years straight as our second stroller.
Maclaren Volo
https://m.albeebaby.com/maclar.....D_BwE

Last edited by ra_mom on Wed, Jan 31 2018, 9:13 pm; edited 2 times in total

pesek zman

Post Wed, Jan 31 2018, 8:49 pm
I don't bounce up or down subway stairs but I do carry my toddler while seated up and down subway stairs in our Maclaren Mark II which is the lightest umbrella stroller on the market (7.2lb) doesn't recline but does the job

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 31 2018, 8:52 pm
I also don't bounce it up and down the steps. But it's light and has a great strap so I can swing it over my shoulder while I carry the baby.

tovli toraspicha

Post Wed, Jan 31 2018, 8:54 pm
If you want one that reclines, check out the maclaren quest

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Jan 31 2018, 10:18 pm
I love the citi mini

newmother

Post Wed, Jan 31 2018, 10:24 pm
I just noticed this on kollelbudget, I don't know anything about the stroller but I know that cybex strollers are supposed to be great quality
http://kollelbudget.com/114387-2/

Smile1234

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 9:34 am
What about the city tour?

I actually came to this forum looking for information on getting the city tour vs the yoyo (I know the yoyo is more than double the price, but I want to know if its doubly as good!)
I need it primarily for air travel.
OP, sorry for hijacking, I can start a new thread if you'd like.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 10:22 am
I got a GQ stroller. It folds small and is lightweight. It was $200.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics