Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Budget friendly fleishigs
Previous  1  2

BH5745

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 11:53 am
OP, you asked about inexpensive and healthy ways to cook meat-based suppers. However I want to add something slightly off-topic, but which I think might be interesting for you. Grapefruits reduce insulin sensitivity, so perhaps your family can eat it daily or as much as possible? It's so good for you, and does not raise insulin levels! Simply taking 1tbsp. of RAW, UNFILTERED apple cider vinegar can improve insulin sensitivity after a meal by 19-34%, lowering blood glucose and insulin response (http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/27/1/281.long). Lemon juice and green tea are also beneficial for healthy blood sugar levels. All the aforementioned foods are very cleansing and some are very high in antioxidants, which is so important when a diet is meat-based.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 2:23 pm
BH5745 wrote:
OP, you asked about inexpensive and healthy ways to cook meat-based suppers. However I want to add something slightly off-topic, but which I think might be interesting for you. Grapefruits reduce insulin sensitivity, so perhaps your family can eat it daily or as much as possible? It's so good for you, and does not raise insulin levels! Simply taking 1tbsp. of RAW, UNFILTERED apple cider vinegar can improve insulin sensitivity after a meal by 19-34%, lowering blood glucose and insulin response (http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/27/1/281.long). Lemon juice and green tea are also beneficial for healthy blood sugar levels. All the aforementioned foods are very cleansing and some are very high in antioxidants, which is so important when a diet is meat-based.

Also cinnamon.
DH was able to reduce his A1C by
1. Eating low carb
2. Having more cinnamon- I put it in EVERYTHING, especially ground beef. Also he takes it in a supplement.
3. ACV drinks- we add a little to water and cinnamon and stevia. Hot and cold.

His numbers went down from 5.8 to 5.2 in about 3 months.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking