Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Roasting garlick without the peel

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 12:15 am
I have seen bugs crawl out of the skins of garlick when I open it up. So I don’t feel comfortable roasting the garlick in the skins.

Is there a way to replicate this process without the skin? I really loved the flavor before I knew about the bug part of it.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 12:21 am
It's actually spelled garlic!

amother
Black

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 12:26 am
http://savorysweetlife.com/201.....rlic/

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 1:16 am
I put the peeled cloves in ramekins and cover with oil, cover tightly with foil and bake. The cloves come out soft with a roasted flavor, plus you get all the yummy garlic oil too - great for dipping bread in.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 3:04 am
MiracleMama wrote:
I put the peeled cloves in ramekins and cover with oil, cover tightly with foil and bake. The cloves come out soft with a roasted flavor, plus you get all the yummy garlic oil too - great for dipping bread in.

Ita

Iymnok

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 5:04 am
MiracleMama wrote:

Uncover them. Even if the black on top, is delicious. My DDs fight over them. I've started doing three heads for shabbos

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 7:49 am
Iymnok wrote:
Uncover them. Even if the black on top, is delicious. My DDs fight over them. I've started doing three heads for shabbos

Same here. I peel two to three heads of garlic , put in a small disposable pan in a single layer. Pour enough oil until it just about covers the garlic. Sprinkle with salt. Bake on 350 for about an hour uncovered until about golden brown. I started doing this the last few weeks for Friday night and it's devoured in one meal.

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 9:28 am
Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen