Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Jewish hashkafa/emuna books for teens

penikay

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 3:24 am
We made Aliya a year ago and our 13 year old is taking it very hard (my advice dont make aliya with kids over age 9). I feel spiritually I am loosing her. I am looking for a good book that we can perhaps read together or even for her to read on her own. Also any advice regarding teen olim...I feel very guilty Sad

amother
Green

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 6:47 pm
I thought Living Emunah 1 was really good (can't speak for the second as I haven't read it yet!!). It was more "user-friendly" than Garden of Emunah if I may say so, IMHO. So if that's what you mean, I think that book could be good. Some of the stories were so profound, touching and easy to connect to but then I don't have teenager so not sure how much I can relate/be helpful. Hatzlacha rabba!

momtra

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 10:48 pm
AKiva Tatz - guide for the thinking teenager

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 4:40 am
6 Days to the Top, by Rabbi Lazer Brody. It's a quick, easy read, very accessable for teens.

Coming to Israel with a tween is SO hard! Empathize as much as you can with your child's complaining, and let them know that you are aware that they are trying as hard as they can.

Daven, daven, daven!!! (and then daven some more)

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 7:29 am
I totally agree. My son's friend went back to US to live with his grandmother after family made Aliya, he was about 14 when they came, and he could not adjust at all. After two years he begged his parents to go back. It's very hard for older kids Sad. OTOH, my friend made Aliya when her oldest was 7, and they all adjusted beautifully. Good luck!

Re book: I would suggest Living Emuna for teens.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children