Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Reheat frozen schnitzel without getting dry

bigbird

Post Fri, Feb 09 2018, 6:17 am
Is there a way to do this? I fried the schnitzel, then froze it. How can I reheat for shabbos without it drying out?

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Feb 09 2018, 6:22 am
Defrost before you warm it up. Heat it in the oven on a cookie sheet, with a layer of foil loosely on top. Don't wrap it tight, or the shnitzel crust will get soggy. If you turn off the oven just before candle lighting, it should stay warm in there.

Simple1

Post Fri, Feb 09 2018, 6:53 am
This might not be what you're looking for, but when you reheat it with sauce (duck sauce, bbq) it comes out very good. (This won't work if you want it to have that crisp fresh schnitzel taste.)

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Feb 09 2018, 7:49 am
FYI, it's always best to prepare the schnitzel and freeze BEFORE frying. Otherwise the texture is a bit weird unless reheated in an oven smothered with some kind of sauce, like the above poster mentioned

nicole81

Post Fri, Feb 09 2018, 8:17 am
Defrost first and heat on a low temperature in general.

For shabbat, are you using a crockpot? If you defrost first then you can wrap the schnitzel in foil and place on top of the crockpot to warm.

unexpected

Post Fri, Feb 09 2018, 8:22 am
I like to quickly refry it and then lv it on the blech until ready to serve

Mommyg8

Post Fri, Feb 09 2018, 8:45 am
For next time, I find that baked schnitzel freezes much better than fried schnitzel.

You use the same recipe, put some oil in the bottom of a baking pan, put it in the oven at 350 (covered) for about twenty minutes. For some reason, although fried schnitzel tasted better if used immediately, baked schnitzel tastes better if eaten later (even a few hours).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey