Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points
1  2  Next

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 7:41 am
I am trying to figure out my points allowance on the WW freestyle/flex program. I am using this calculator, but I'm not sure if it's for the Freestyle or Points Plus: http://www.exercise4weightloss......html

I weigh 81 kilo or 178.6 lb and I am 60 inches tall. I came out with 26 points on that. Anyone know if that is correct? And what my weekly additional points should be?

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 7:43 am

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 7:55 am
If you are a member, call them.

I get 23 points a day and 26 weekly points

I weigh less than you and I am shorter

Not sure if you can figure it out yourself

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 9:14 am
I am not a member. I have bounced from one diet to another and am going through a very difficult time emotionally with a very sick close relative and major financial crisis and work pressure. I haven't been able to stick with anything. I am hoping WW will be something I can stick to because of the flexibility and structure combination and that you can have some chocolate and count the points and not have lost everything. But I don't know that I'll be able to stick with it. I have spent so much money on diets lately and I can't spend more for something I might drop in two weeks. If I see it's working then I could do it but for now I'm just gaining weight at a scary pace from all the emotional eating. I was hoping to be able to figure out my points and try it first.

bigmomma

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 10:09 am
Can you get the Weight Watchers app on your phone?It's the best. They have a community called Connect where people support you!.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 10:55 am
I was just like you and when I tried weight watchers on my own I really couldn’t stick with it. It actually worked when I officially joined and got weighed in each week. It probably won’t work if you don’t join. But it really does work once you sign up. I lost 25 lbs in around 6 months. It’s not expensive at all. Go to the weight watchers website to see how much it costs in your area. Good luck!

bigmomma

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 11:04 am
Plenty of people do online only with the APP. You track on the app and can post and read people's experiences on Connect.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 1:57 pm
I don't have a smart phone so I can't use the app and there are no meetings within an hour's drive of me. But the app looks great. I'm sure it would be much easier if I could use it.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 10:18 pm
I went to my 1st WW meeting and I can't understand how I can lose weight.
According to the program:
I can have
15 eggs
26 bananas
32oz nonfat yogurt
An entire turkey breast (the whole breast that's sliced at the deli)
16 carrots
7 bags of peas
16 cans of chickpeas
30 chicken breasts
8 bags of frozen corn
All in 1 day and it will be 0 points and I will lose weight???

I really can't understand that, if I ate like that I'd be double my size I am today.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 10:23 pm
I just signed up today and I'm really confused. Like the above poster if I eat unlimited 0 point foods I'm going to gain. I'm a chronic yo yo dieter sonmy metabolism has been thru the ringer. How's this going to work for me? I have 20-25 lbs to lose.

chayamiriam

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 10:59 pm
I just joined and lost about 3lbs so far on two weeks. Just a little slow going but I am not hungry I think the 0 points are meant as regular sized portions like two eggs not 24!

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 11:25 pm
So let's say I make a fritata
In the oven
Used parchment paper, so no oil
And I took a whole bag of frozen spinach and then to that I added 6 eggs.
Technically 0 pts.
But, can I eat the whole thing for dinner and still lose weight
And can I still blend fat free yogurt with berries freeze and have this for dessert, and still lose weight???

I don't understand how
This dinner is almost 1000 calories.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 1:01 am
I lost 5 lbs the first 2 weeks. I don't think the 0 points good is meant to stuff your face with. Of course if u will eat 0 point food all day you will lose slower. I use it to eat most of my meals and add the points for my starches and snacks. Fruits are only free when you eat them plain, in a smoothie you have to count it.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 2:11 pm
amother wrote:
I lost 5 lbs the first 2 weeks. I don't think the 0 points good is meant to stuff your face with. Of course if u will eat 0 point food all day you will lose slower. I use it to eat most of my meals and add the points for my starches and snacks. Fruits are only free when you eat them plain, in a smoothie you have to count it.
m

If I blend fat free yogurt with strawberries- into a smoothie homemade isn't that 0 points???
Please explain

Another question I like drinking coffee with almond milk.
If I drink 1 cup of almond milk its 1 pt.
if I split it for 2 coffees its 0 pts.
I still drank 1 cup of almond milk

987gold

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 2:54 pm
So count your almond milk as 1 point

mommyhood

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 3:15 pm
amother wrote:
m

If I blend fat free yogurt with strawberries- into a smoothie homemade isn't that 0 points???
Please explain

Another question I like drinking coffee with almond milk.
If I drink 1 cup of almond milk its 1 pt.
if I split it for 2 coffees its 0 pts.
I still drank 1 cup of almond milk

Blended or juiced fruit is not 0 points according to WW rules, their theory is that chewing helps you feel full, drinking does not.
No diet is foolproof, there have always been ways to cheat WW. I know for me it's the meetings and weigh ins that help the most.

Optione

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 4:45 pm
amother wrote:
I went to my 1st WW meeting and I can't understand how I can lose weight.
According to the program:
I can have
15 eggs
26 bananas
32oz nonfat yogurt
An entire turkey breast (the whole breast that's sliced at the deli)
16 carrots
7 bags of peas
16 cans of chickpeas
30 chicken breasts
8 bags of frozen corn
All in 1 day and it will be 0 points and I will lose weight???

I really can't understand that, if I ate like that I'd be double my size I am today.

If you eat all that, there are other problems besides weight gain...

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 5:20 pm
Optione wrote:
If you eat all that, there are other problems besides weight gain...

I'm not saying I eat like this.
Yesterday was the first time at ww, and the meaning leader kept on saying over and over you can eat as much as you want of zero point foods.
I can understand I can have unlimited celery,lettuce, cucumber (NOT even tomatoes) but she was saying have unlimited white chicken breast, all fish including lox and salmon, etc.
I'm just trying to understand to program.

Another thing is 1 tsp of olive oil is 1 pt. 2 tsps 3pts. 3tsps 4 pts.

By dr's orders I'm off all starches for 1 month, so I'm trying to find the best way to do the program for me.

The leader also said to aim for using at least 18 out of 23 pts. Daily.

Optione

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 5:47 pm
amother wrote:
I'm not saying I eat like this.
Yesterday was the first time at ww, and the meaning leader kept on saying over and over you can eat as much as you want of zero point foods.
I can understand I can have unlimited celery,lettuce, cucumber (NOT even tomatoes) but she was saying have unlimited white chicken breast, all fish including lox and salmon, etc.
I'm just trying to understand to program.

Another thing is 1 tsp of olive oil is 1 pt. 2 tsps 3pts. 3tsps 4 pts.

By dr's orders I'm off all starches for 1 month, so I'm trying to find the best way to do the program for me.

The leader also said to aim for using at least 18 out of 23 pts. Daily.

I hear you. Starches are pretty high in points. WW expects them to be in your diet, and then they add up pretty quickly. I see that for you it's a little different. The goal is to be mindful of these zero point foods.

I know that for me, eating a little more chicken instead of rice is a win...

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 10:57 pm
Hi
Is there anyone doing freestyle now that would be able to help me?
I've looked into the program and I really think I am interested in joining but I need help thinking of meals that won't take me too long to prepare, I will enjoy and still be able to stay within my points allowance.
now I eat life cereal with milk and a coffee for breakfast
either a ww sandwich or salad w/ tuna and some crackers
supper generally has a carb, protein and veggie and I have some snacks..
(just to clarify- this is pre-weight watchers..
I have been looking at low point breakfast foods for example-
all the ideas are eggs etc.. I run out of to work in the morn and don't have time to make eggs..
I saw that I can do low-fat yogurt with fresh fruits..
I need more ideas for all meals and snacks..
Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise